The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Short Shifters temporarily back in stock.

DSSA

Thanks to some of your awesome brethren on the board, and Mitsubishi somehow sending me parts for these even though they've been discontinued for several years (still trying to figure that one out), we have some shifters being made again.

I have a patient customer waiting on his, which is the first one going out (we've been waiting for another run of bushings--and more importantly, enough shifters to make another run affordable), but I'll have about 10 extras after that.

We've turned them back on in the catalog for ordering: click

The first five orders from the board will also get our metal shift-stop for free: Enter "GIMME MY STOP" in the notes section of your order.

We also have a run of the Delrin shift cable bushings that compliment this setup well, and won't ruin your cables/transmission like the bronze/skateboard bearing ones when they seize onto the trans levers: click

Thanks, as always!

Josh

Last edited:

fuel

do you happen to have OEM Mitsubishi part numbers for the parts Mitsubishi sent you? Namely the shifter itself. I'm trying to figure out if there's any difference between the LHD and RHD shifters, as I would like to order one for my JDM GVR-4. As I'm currently living in the UK and my G is stored away on the other side of the world in New Zealand, I can't simply pull my shifter to visually check before ordering.

Thanks!
Phil

cupajoe

Looking forward to getting mine! Can't wait.

fuel

Also the link you give to the metal shifter stop bushing only applies to the 90 style shifter and not applicable for the 91-94 shifters or the JNZ shifter, so seems pointless to include them for free?

Lastly, the link for the gearbox shifter bushings is the same link for the metal stop bushing.

DSSA

Quoting fuel:
Also the link you give to the metal shifter stop bushing only applies to the 90 style shifter and not applicable for the 91-94 shifters or the JNZ shifter, so seems pointless to include them for free?

Lastly, the link for the gearbox shifter bushings is the same link for the metal stop bushing.

Both fixed.

My bad on the link--I suck this new-fangled computer stuff! ;-)

The other one is having people in sales add parts to the site. I've corrected it to be accurate:

click

DSSA

Quoting turdb0:
JOSH! You still around!! /BAN DSSA!

Ken,

Still kicking!

I just don't see the light of day much anymore.

In fact, I've actually been watching GVR4s for sale lately. I've been having visions of a clean, original paint car sitting under a cover in my garage...

Josh

DSSA

Quoting blacksheep:
Bump for booby Josh!

:-*

Spyke169

Do you have the parts needed for '90 shifters as well?

turdb0

Quoting DSSA:
Quoting turdb0:
JOSH! You still around!! /BAN DSSA!

Ken,

Still kicking!

I just don't see the light of day much anymore.

In fact, I've actually been watching GVR4s for sale lately. I've been having visions of a clean, original paint car sitting under a cover in my garage...

Josh

Yes Josh, Same here! I sold mine in 2005, I just picked one up few months ago. Good to see you still around. AlPo says hi! /kick DSSA. I'll probably need to order some parts from you.

Last edited:

AllanL

Quoting fuel:
do you happen to have OEM Mitsubishi part numbers for the parts Mitsubishi sent you? Namely the shifter itself. I'm trying to figure out if there's any difference between the LHD and RHD shifters, as I would like to order one for my JDM GVR-4. As I'm currently living in the UK and my G is stored away on the other side of the world in New Zealand, I can't simply pull my shifter to visually check before ordering.

Thanks!
Phil

lever, gearshift

LHD: MB659284
RHD: MB659283

i think the difference is how the stick on top of the pivot sits on this lever...
if it could be cut, rotated 180* and rewelded, then you basically would not have any issues...

fuel

^^

^^ thanks for that. User MX4 on here has a JNZ shifter on his RHD Galant and he let me know that it hits on the console when shifting into 5th or reverse, but was fixed with a dremel taking away a little bit of plastic and using a leather shift boot instead of the stock accordion one. He also told me he had to find a 94+ 3000GT core to ship to them, so I'm wondering if they just use the 3000GT shifter to begin with.

One last question for JNZ/DSSA - on the shifter product page you can choose to add 'Symborski' kit with the shifter, but there is no mention of Symborski kit on the description anywhere, let alone a separate product on the site named Symborski, so I'm just wondering what the hell it is?

Thanks for clearing that up!

DSSA

The RHD shifters are slightly different, however we unfortunately do not have access to them to experiment.

The Symborski kits are simply the base mounting bushings to replace the stock rubber units.

I no longer use them on these units as we have another kit that is cheaper and does not include the rod for the shifter that is obsolete with our shifters.

I hate when our IT guy adds drop-down boxes like that as I don't know how to change the damn things--I'm much more comfortable under a car than behind a keyboard.

On a side note, I've gotten two more shifters, but we're now down to 4 remaining units available.

89Patches

Quoting AllanL:
i think the difference is how the stick on top of the pivot sits on this lever...
if it could be cut, rotated 180* and rewelded, then you basically would not have any issues...

You are right. Just checked my RHD and the bend of the lever faces the left vs the LHD lever bent towards the right of the car.

DSSA

Have a couple remaining in this batch ready to ship in standard length, and the ability to make two more in shortened version.

DSSA

Quoting fuel:

94+ 3000GT core to ship to them, so I'm wondering if they just use the 3000GT shifter to begin with.

Missed this part.

Yes, we use a 3000GT VR4 unit to start with. This information is listed on our site when we don't have any availability on these along with diagrams showing which parts to obtain.

4dr_psi_awd

Mine came in today and I couldn't be happier. 20 minute install, and I no longer have to push the shifter to the passenger door to get 5th and reverse.

Stock '91 Galant VR-4 shifter throw: click

JNZ Tuning modified shifter in a '91 Galant VR-4: click

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned