The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Frank series turbos

frank1

I currently acquired a frank level 2 tdo6 46 trim wheel
I need to know the info on this turbo
what's the efficincy range. What's recomended boost
where this turbos any good?

JNR

Here's a handy comparison chart on vfaq...I have a Frank 4 and whilst it's "old skool" [as the kids say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ], it works good and provides a good amount of power without 'too much' lag. Sure, there are better options out there now, but this one I have (came on car) is like new and does the job quite well.

As far as more details though, it's been some time since I looked into it, so sorry I can't offer much in the way of your questions. I imagine compared to the 'new' stuff it's not as efficient but I'm sure its better than the smaller ones and an easy swap, etc.

Last edited:

frank1

So it's basilly a beef up 20g I wonder spool up time
so is this turbo good for 25 psi on cams

Lonewolf64

You'd have a hard time running a 4g63 without cams. Did you perform a rotary swap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

frank1

do anyone have any good info on this turbos i currently have a frank 2 turbo my budget forces me to be stuck with this set up is this a good street turbo or not good??

beaner

Run it and let us know how it goes dude. If you don't like it, just swap it out for a different flavor snail.

mitsu90

I am a big fan of them old franks..I used to have a frank jr. on my galant and would love to find another.

dsmtalontsi95

I have a frank 3 and loved it. It took so long for that sucker to stop spining after you turned the car off.

evo8ya

Wow, Frank turbos haha. You say that to most people nowadays, they have no idea what you're taking about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif. I've run a frank JR 19c, frank 1 TD06 20g (belive it was a 46mm compressor) and a frank 5. All were awesome turbos being MHI turbos. I would run consistant 12.2's in my 99 GSX with the frank 1 and 12.5's with the frank JR. The frank 1 is still floating around on a friend's car 10yrs and over 100k miles later. I belive the frank 2 runs a bit bigger turbine wheel than the frank 1. You should be able to run 18-30PSI with no problems with that frank 2. I ran my frank 1 at 25psi at the track.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts