The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Flywheel issue

Ok so 1501 is being worked on by a teacher and his class who is farther along than me. question is I thought the clutch was slipping so I got a new one they pulled it out and told me the old clutch is good. but the flywheel was a little bad so they sent it off to get machined. Will that make the clutch slip or should I look for something else the teacher is an A. S.E. maser tech so he is telling me its fine and wont slip. He also said something about being a stepped flywheel it will actually be tighter this time. Could it be the linkage or fork that makes it slip if it slips this time. Just thinking because I saw a thread about something mounted wrong by the fork and was making it slip.

Terry Posten

The flywheel is stepped down. Most clutches requuire a .610-.620 step. But call your clutch manufacturer for the correct step fot the clutch disc and pressure plate.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned