The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey. Login to browse without most ads.

Flywheel issue

Ok so 1501 is being worked on by a teacher and his class who is farther along than me. question is I thought the clutch was slipping so I got a new one they pulled it out and told me the old clutch is good. but the flywheel was a little bad so they sent it off to get machined. Will that make the clutch slip or should I look for something else the teacher is an A. S.E. maser tech so he is telling me its fine and wont slip. He also said something about being a stepped flywheel it will actually be tighter this time. Could it be the linkage or fork that makes it slip if it slips this time. Just thinking because I saw a thread about something mounted wrong by the fork and was making it slip.

Terry Posten

The flywheel is stepped down. Most clutches requuire a .610-.620 step. But call your clutch manufacturer for the correct step fot the clutch disc and pressure plate.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts