The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finally starting #650

JackstandTSi

Im Finally starting to work on #650 now during the spring/summer after debating on selling it for a few months, but i just could never do it, and hopefully can have it running and make it to the shootout. In theory i have pretty much everything to put it together in my basement minus a few changes and things i need. Im on a very very tight budget which is not the best thing to have while working on these cars, more than likely my car is going to be put together with junkyard/used parts except for timing components gaskets etc.

A little Info about the car. 1992 Galant Vr4 94K miles. Found it on Craigslist in Pennsylvania, Owner told me the turbo was blown and he had pulled the Head to check for damage. I told him ill be out that following weekend to get. Showed up and there she was sitting under a tree and then more of the truth came around, The car was sitting previous for about 2years and the owner just stopped working on it. From what it looked like is that the timing belt snapped and destroyed the head and block nice size Gouge in Cyl 3 wall. The entire stereo was ripped out, dash,door,deck speakers and radio. The interior is very clean still is a sunroof car, the car was dry when picking it up and coming home because it had rained the entire time so Im assuming the seals are still good.

My plans are,
Stock bottom end with ACL bearings and ARP headstuds
7Bolt Slowboy Racing Head-only going 7bolt because i still have this from my Talon Partout.
Ebay Front mount-I would like to run an ETS Race FMIC but money it tight.
14b Turbo unless i can find a good cheap 16g
2g Maf setup or Speed Density.
Tuning with Moates Ostrich/Jackal. I ran this in my Talon and was pretty impressed..plus the program is still on my Computer.

Here are some quick pics of #650
ResizedImage951361832943314.jpg

ResizedImage951361832969879.jpg

ResizedImage951361832920320.jpg

2013-02-259517-53-4195893.jpg

ResizedImage951361833073622.jpg

ResizedImage951361832994096.jpg

ResizedImage951361833037725.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned