The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5lug swap.

JackstandTSi

Hello, I just started to Part out my 92 TSI FWD, and put together #650/1000 before my child is born so i can shuttle him/her around in a dope car and let them pick up on mitsubishi Goodness, But on to my question I was wondering if i take te 5lug Hubs off of my FWD TSi will it work on my AWD for the GVR4, And does the 92 have the 4bolt rear. This is also my first GVR4. Thanks

TomN

No gvr4's came with a 4bolt
You need a 92-94 1g AWD to get the 4 bolt and any 1g AWD for the 5 lug hubs.

SouthCaliVR4

The front hubs are the same FWD or AWD DSM. the front knuckles off a FWD will bolt up to a AWD but has a higher mounting point for the steering link/tie rod end. this is a good thing if you are going to lower the VR4 at all, as it will correct the steering geometry to some degree & help reduce "Bump steer".

JoeDaddy0

Ok,
My car is lowered with HR springs and Koni adjustable yellow shocks and the front struts were cut a couple of inches by Muliner @ RoadraceEngeneering. So how does that set up work in my situation. I too am looking to switch out 4 lug to 5 bolt asap.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIV4PSI

Is there a difference between turbo and non turbo FWD front hubs?

LIV4PSI

Quoting BG512:
Ok,
My car is lowered with HR springs and Koni adjustable yellow shocks and the front struts were cut a couple of inches by Muliner @ RoadraceEngeneering. So how does that set up work in my situation. I too am looking to switch out 4 lug to 5 bolt asap.

The spring/shock combo have no effect on switching to 5 lug hubs. Here is all you need to do the swap

Front

Rear

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts