The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just picked up #650/1000

JackstandTSi

Hey, I just recently bought #650/1000. The GVR4 is new to.me but I've had 3 DSM's. And just a few questions I'm trying to.get answers for, and all help is appreciated. I bought the car and the motor is shot so I'm going to use my 7bolt out of my 1g but just making sure before I do will it be a clean swap or will I have to hack some stuff together with like the wireharness, and I'm using my ecu also from my 1g since it already has my SD tune on it. People on dsmtuners said it will swap right over no issues, and another question is I need a new exhaust buy I have trouble finding some specific for galants. I've read just to use a 2g downpipe with a 1g AWD DSM exhaust since the downpipe is longer, and it will extend the exhaust because the 1g awe exhaust is shorter. Also wwhen ordering engine parts is it the same as ordering stuff for a 6bolt 1g like off extremepsi.com since there is no specific catorgory for gvr4. Thanks for the help.

LIV4PSI

Awesome, someone local! The engines are the same, with a few random parts being different. The front engine mount bracket is different on the VR4, so is the AC bracket and tensioner. 91-94 DSMs have the same ECUs basically as the 91-92 GVR4s as well. 1G subframes and suspension parts work, not the struts though. You are right about the exhaust, 2g downpipes and 1g catbacks are interchangeable.

I have a GVR4 Im parting out. Let me know if you need anything,I can meet you since we are so close. Good luck getting her back on the road.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Quoting JackstandTSi:
Also wwhen ordering engine parts is it the same as ordering stuff for a 6bolt 1g like off extremepsi.com since there is no specific catorgory for gvr4. Thanks for the help.

Welcome, and yes to the quoted question.

Vr4junkie

Welcome post up some pics and what mods do you have planned for the car.

JackstandTSi

I will get some pics up soon, previous owner didn't mention that the car sat for 4years outside. Thankfully it was under a tree so no fade in paint, but I wanna get her cleaned up first, and mods for now are pretty much what's on my 7bokt. It has a stage 3 head from slowboy racing...and that's about it other than exhaust front mount and 16g. Now for when I rebuild my 6bolt, I'm think 2.3 or 2.6 built top to.bottom with a holset40...but that's years from now.

GSX_TC

Welcome aboard, that would be nice if you could get it up and running in time for the shootout. I'll be driving mine there from TX this year.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts