The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fastest VR4 in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes it is horizontal which is not un common in some drag racing applocations. What was being asked is whwre the radiator core support is. It looks to be removed and you can't tell from the picture but I would venture to guess the bottom is gone also and replaced with a tube member for the front motor mounts with bars run to support whatever front bumber cover the car is running.

JB

looking at the door locations, it looks like it has a long nose, like that bitch Blossom.

rheckert

Quote:
looking at the door locations, it looks like it has a long nose, like that bitch Blossom.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

NZ VR4 RS

Being worked on in the workshop:
dsc08590ia5.jpg

dsc08711wp3.jpg

dsc08714cm1.jpg

At the 4nR Nats 08 show in Auckland:
dsc09193bo0.jpg

dsc09194ic4.jpg

dsc09195rp7.jpg

What you probably didn't notice was the full GTR/350Z rear end underneath, the blue carbon boot and spoiler -don't have a pic of these but if anyone is keen I'll pop down to the workshop.

Man that thing is sweet. Had me thinking that was a mangafuel afpr but it's just a weldon with a purple anodized top. Very nice car. What FP is it running? Are those bogarts? That is a beautiful car. Any reason for the rear end swap? Wonder what it weighs and I want one of those Fn intake manifolds!

NZ VR4 RS

its a local built intake ,all the heavy hitting mitsi's run them

IMG_4025.jpg

173038aa20050501P01.jpg

click is the address for the fabracator

Last edited:

Do you have anymore information then that? I have been looking for an intake manifold like that and know that hks has manifolds that follow that same design patter. It looks like it might cost me less in the end to have just one made casted at a semi local foundry.

you boys down under know how to work with aluminum. i watched a biker build off one time on discovery on a guy that built his own tanks, fenders, etc. from aluminum using wood forms and it was amazing. i would love to try something like that, i just don't know who i could talk to, to get some advice on how to get started.

my hats off to the man that made that manifold. if you guys can do anything in your power to hook me up with some advice from this guy, i would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm I didn't think about it being worked aluminum vs polished cast aluminum. Could you really work aluminum that much and still have it deal with the boost levels you would want? Wouldn't all the work done to the aluminum weaken it? I see how the end and the flange is welded to the plenum which does make me think it's worked aluminum instead of cast since it would seem if it was cast they would just cast the end of the plenum and the flange into the plenum itself.

If you could post a new thread just dealing with information on the intake manifold would be awesome and I bet plenty of other people are as interested as I am with it.

supervr4

looking at the manifold it may have been made with some 3" alloy tube that has been cut down the middle then flat pieces added to give it more volume, I guess it depends on the thickness as to how much boost they can run and its strength

I wish someone made one of those for 1g's. I wouldn't even think of touching an SMIM if that was an option.

Ralli380Gvr4

Ebay evo 1-3 manifold

These have been on Egay for a while, I've always wondered how they perform and the quality. They look almost identical, anyone have any info on them?

FYI, another thing that scares me about that company is that they are selling an evo1-3 intake manifold and they have a evo4-9 intake gasket laying next to it like they go together.

im starting a new thread about this intake in anything goes. please apply any post about the intake there. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned