The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Opinion on painting a non stock color

sorry to be a nub butt, WTH is KG?

117640-0-0-0.jpg

^look awesome. Stock two tone? I am kinda shocked, a forum that doesnt scream "biter".

Paint your car whatever you want. I personally love the two tones and Pandas. The purple Galant is a bit extreme in my book but it was well done and i would still rock it.

dustyduff

KG is short for Kensington Grey which was a factory color for the VR4 (SW=Summit White/BG=Belize Green). You'll see it a lot on the boards, but everyone knows that white is the faster color. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

citymunky

KG is Kingston Gray, the best color the VR4 came in a lot of people's eyes. (Mines too) and as you should know it only came in 1992 VR4's.

Back to topic. I been thinking about painting my car too. I'm not much of a fan of White cars, but the only two colors I had to choose from was SW and BG. I hate Green anything (even wish money to be a different color if I could). The best thing to do would be get somebody to photoshop your car in a different color. Me I might repaint mine white with a black roof. That combo looks good on a lot of other car. Or paint white with a set of white rims (Volk TE-37's) would be nice.

Quoting Darksyne:
Quoting brunoboy:
Quoting Darksyne:
I'd go for the best of both worlds and look into either vinyl wrap or the plastidip paint people are playing with.

Then you can have the car whatever color you want but if you decide to sell it then it can be reverted to its factory color.

Ive been playing with plastidip, imo its a nice texture and look, its like liquid rubber/vinyl. I did my rails and i am doing the whole bottom of my car in it.

Definitely post some pics when you have it done! I was very surprised at how well it turned out and the ability to peel it off is a huge bonus.

Vinyl wrap yuck

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting citymunky:
KG is Kingston Gray, the best color the VR4 came in a lot of people's eyes. (Mines too) and as you should know it only came in 1992 VR4's.

Back to topic. I been thinking about painting my car too. I'm not much of a fan of White cars, but the only two colors I had to choose from was SW and BG. I hate Green anything (even wish money to be a different color if I could). The best thing to do would be get somebody to photoshop your car in a different color. Me I might repaint mine white with a black roof. That combo looks good on a lot of other car. Or paint white with a set of white rims (Volk TE-37's) would be nice.

It's Kensington not Kingston. Also I had white with white te37s for years I got sick of it. There are only so many combos that people do with these cars with 4 colors availble, eventually your car looks like 7 other peoples car unless you are really out there.

citymunky

I know you can't do a lot about being diffenent, but my other car is all black with flat black rims/ lips with gloss black Brembo's. So a all white VR4 doesn't sound bad to me.

curtis

Quoting crankwalk:
Purple.

hello Peter you have a response yet..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AWDnoobie

Im also debating to keep the original white or go with something else. Ive bin a huge fan of a bright yellow( saw a older 911 with fly yellow on it and ive bin a fan of that color ever since ) also a bright viper red is nice too... But then ill probably end up staying with white since it wont stick out as much and it will be more of a sleeper car still then.

steve

Quoting vtecds1:
Pearl white would be my first choice if I were to repaint mine.

See my user title for my vote.

vtecds1

I was thinking of this color for next year.

misterfixit

Here are a couple of stock combos. you'll either love or hate!

Grace Silver over Kensington Grey

Monaco Red over Kensington Grey

Pearl white over Champagne (lexus stylee)

Rich

shredder2010

That monaco red loogs pretty sweet

Lukefraizer

Quoting cheekychimp:
Do this

what wheels are those? I love everything about this car! i may have to copy it for the outside of mine!

cheekychimp

I'm pretty sure the manufacturer is Black Racing but I think that style is discontinued.

turboflanagan

Quoting curtis:
Quoting crankwalk:
Purple.

hello Peter you have a response yet..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Curtis!

img.php

For the purists it still has nile black flames and portions of the underhood and trunk lid.

Im going to be making my galant look alot like this one;

im going to do the plastidip first see if i even like the flat black at all.

Quoting crankwalk:
Purple.

LMAO, that says everything I'm thinking in one word...

OMFGeofffff

Quoting misterfixit:
Here are a couple of stock combos. you'll either love or hate!

Grace Silver over Kensington Grey

Monaco Red over Kensington Grey

Pearl white over Champagne (lexus stylee)

Rich

I actually kind of like the red one!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned