The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant vr4 was the fastest car at island dragway tonight !!

Gizmovr4

Nate and I took 431 to island dragway tonight for some shakedown passes... We had a very slow start to the year since island only opened in July.This is only the 3rd time to the track for 431 this year.

First time to the track July 10th - the bracket that holds the throttle cable to the intake broke off the intake manifold on the very first pass. This resulted in a few half track passes with the throttle cable zip tied to the fuel regulator - car still ran mid 10s with only part throttle and letting off throttle early

Second time to the track - we made one aborted pass with misfires ??? Dirty injectors looked to be the cause ?? Likely from the long lay off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Put car on trailer and watched one of our good friends run his first 10s pass

Which brings us to tonight-

First pass was a mid 10s pass - but car had misfires ? We cleaned injectors and went to a backup ignition coil setup.

Second pass- 9.68@146

Left the line very soft with only 10psi of boost thus the 1.58 60 ft time - the car should 60ft in the 1.3x
I am very proud of 431 I have owned the car for 4 years- the car has ran 9s each of the last 3 years !!

Pass four - decided to launch car harder - lit up all 4 tires at the line and turned sideways !!! Let of throttle completely to straighten car and keep it off the wall - got back in it to get a log - car still went 10.32 @ 147 ! The 147 trap speed is the fastest trap speed 431 has posted !!! Nate may have video of the sideways 4 wheel burnout /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

So in all tonight was a huge success - the car ran a 9 second pass and posted its fastest trap speed of 147mph
Can't wait for a day the track has better prep so we can go out and better our gvr4 quarter mile record !

As always a special thanks to Nate Crisman !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
nice work

Betcha ya hurt some feelings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

GSX_TC

badass!

prove_it

Wouldn't expect anything less from you guys. Good job! Bet you left some muscle car guys going, what????????

turbophein

a 9 sec galant sounds super fun!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif streetbike status

jnava

Staff member
Guys, it's always nice to see someone having some fast times at the track. Congrats .

thecman02

That's just nasty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

onesickcrx

Congrats man happy to see your hard work is paying off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Looking forward to seeing that 8sec pass at over 150 mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jordangvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Gizmovr4

Quoting onesickcrx:
Congrats man happy to see your hard work is paying off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Looking forward to seeing that 8sec pass at over 150 mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cory - The motor with the broken trans mounting ears has been put to good use in 584/1000 - that car made 556AWHP and recently ran an 11.6 @125 mph on a soft pass - could go 10.9x !! That car will likely be doing some sort of road racing at some point!

James

This thread needs more 4wheel smoking videos

onesickcrx

Quoting gizmovr4:
Quoting onesickcrx:

Cory - The motor with the broken trans mounting ears has been put to good use in 584/1000 - that car made 556AWHP and recently ran an 11.6 @125 mph on a soft pass - could go 10.9x !! That car will likely be doing some sort of road racing at some point!

I am glad you were able to fix the block, 556hp and 125mph isn't bad at all for your beater car lol. You planing on bringing your car to Mitsubishi & EVO shootout at Etown in Oct?

Gizmovr4

I'm not a fan of e-town at all!! If Nate is willing to go perhaps we will make an appearance. I think Island is having something simular saturday the 26th of October - I would rather support our small local track.

Last time we went to e-town they wanted us to remove the anti-freeze from the coolant system and run just water - mind you it was end of November /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Also waited 2 hours between runs!!

James

Etown blows.

desant78

Quoting gizmovr4:
I'm not a fan of e-town at all!! If Nate is willing to go perhaps we will make an appearance. I think Island is having something simular saturday the 26th of October - I would rather support our small local track.

Last time we went to e-town they wanted us to remove the anti-freeze from the coolant system and run just water - mind you it was end of November /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Also waited 2 hours between runs!!

Yep I plan on attending island's race the 26th! I heard it's a domestic vs. import race, enter 431!

Gizmovr4

Anything can happen from now till October 26th. The plan right now is to run the car at island on September 29th and see how things go from there. Hopefully it will be a cool day with good track prep!

NateCrisman

At this point we need solid track prep so the car can leave at full power and make it through first gear without lifting throttle (which screws up the boost control/spool situation for 2nd gear). We are currently making a bit more power than on the record run at etown in 2011, just have to put it down and we'll update the gvr4 time.

We have a few things to try out: Back pressure logging, using anti-lag to cut engine torque on the line, upping the boost a bit, improving the boost control settings for first/second gear. Right now the boost response is a little lazy and low in first & second. The 9.6 was like 33psi in first, 38 in second, 41psi third. More boost in lower gear (on a track that sticks) will make a solid ET gain.

We are also going to put a 4port wet nitrous kit on, as the 2150 injectors are maxed out as is the 3794hta.

If we have a sticky track, 1.4 60's, and no issues...I think the nitrous running full pass would put 431 in the 8.9@153 range.

Oh yeah: f*** ENGLISHTOWN. No thanks, rather stay home than run at that hive of scum and villainy.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned