The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo316g or HTA68 for DD - no racing.

tsitalon1

Hey guys,

Been out of the DSM game for a while and I'm jumping back in with moding my GVR4.

I'm looking for ultimate street spool and moderate power for daily driving duties. 350-400hp would be fine with me. Should I just buy the Evo316g or will the HTA68 do me better? I would think there would be a small spool difference, but I have yet to see spool charts on this.

4thStroke

Is cost an issue?

The HTA68 is better than the 16G in every aspect.

There isn't a reason to get the 16G over the HTA68 unless cost is an issue.

GSX_TC

The HTA68 is NOT maxxed out at the 400 mark. A guy down here in san Diego barely pushed his on the Dyno with E85 to 437.9awhp on only 980's. So it has more left, just needs more fuel.

GSX_TC

E85 of course. click either way point was the HTA68 is not maxxed out at the 400 mark. Whether you have E85 available or not is your fault not the turbo's capability.

GSX_TC

I personally would go for the HTA68 just because of how much more it flows then the EVO3 and with the same if not quicker spool time. I'll Run that turbo on pump gas on 29 pounds if u buy me one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif of course since I'll be running such high boost with pump gas means I'll def have a meth/water kit installed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbofonz

I ran 28lbs on my evo3 on pump all day long. Good enough for 119.x mph and 352whp

NateCrisman

IMHO, if your not going to be racing, then why bother to spend nearly DOUBLE the price for 2-5% more performance. AND that performance only comes at the high end of the boost capability. At typical 93 octane street boost level of about 20-22psi (pansy boost IMHO), they will likely make within 5hp of each other. Spend your money elsewhere, not a super fancy 16g variant. This turbo is specifically made for people who want to absolutely max out a 16g frame turbocharger setup and are willing to cough up the money for that minor edge in performance.

Im trying to run 9's in a 16g type car and I still think the turbo isn't worth the money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

DynastyLCD

Quoting turbofonz:
I ran 28lbs on my evo3 on pump all day long. Good enough for 119.x mph and 352whp

fonz is magical.

GVR-4

Quoting GSX_TC:
Lol how old are we 12? I go by the golden rule, treat others as they treat you, ^^so if u hate me then you can bet your ass I hate you too now.

BTW, the Golden Rule is "Treat others how you want to be treated." My 5 year old told me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And I'd go with the EVO III b16g too.

Last edited:

BluFalcon

I would go with the EV0III 16G if I were you. It's a economical, well balanced street turbo.I had one on my car for a long time and loved it. Looked stock, dropped right in just like the stock 14B.

I eventually had my EVOIII converted to a 68HTA because at the time, I got a hell of a deal on the parts and the labor from FP. The turbo spooled quicker, but I'm not sure it was really worth it to me in the end. Unfortunately, I never really pushed the car that hard with it, and I think I could have spent the money better addressing other things with my setup. Fell victim to the "Billet Compressor Wheel" bug, so I could have the latest and greatest on my car when I really didn't need it. Meh.

On a secondary note, what's with all the e-thugging? Seems like everytime GSX_TC posts, everyone jumps his sh*t and I really don't see the point of it all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I figured the Admins and Moderators would have stepped in by now, or has the board really gone down to the schoolyard level?

Rausch

We all went out back by the flagpole during recess...Someone said there was going to be a fight....

Anywho: Knock it off folks.

Edit: Cleaned up.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

yeah i dont know why they do that. seems like most of them hate me on here or are annoyed by me, but dont act that way in person from the few i've met. but oh well there's always going to be enemys in life.

anyways to get back on topic, i didnt know you could send your EVO III to FP to get converted to an HTA68?? thats awesome, how much would that cost normally?

BluFalcon

GSX_TC: This was awhile back when the 68HTA's were first rolling out the door, so I would contact FP and see how much they would do it for or if they would even do it. I can guess that it ain't gonna be cheap.

tsitalon1

Just decided to pick up "GSX_TC's" B16g turbo. I think it will be just perfect for my needs and leaves some spare change for injectors and DSMlink conversion.

Feel free to continue the discussion.

Last edited:

turboaddict

e316g, if you know you are going to race; hit the bathroom and poop first. seriously though E3 is an amazing turbo save your money just get the e316g.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned