The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo Hood Vents?

citymunky

Has any body ever installed older EVO hood vents on there GVR4 (the center vents)? I'm not trying pay $400 for a dented up JDM GVR4 hood.

EVO I
1993_Lancer_Evolution1.jpg

EVO II
Black_evo2.jpg

EVO III

White_evo3gsr.jpg

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Yes, Owen did it with his VR4. I would post the pictures but I can't do it from the iPad. Go to the Member's Rides section and look up "borat" it is listed as Owen Richard's 1990 JDM VR4 or something like that.

I'm not a fan of the wing but the vents look good. He had cool front seats as well. It was a really nice car!

Paul.

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

so I was thinking the air intake was aftermarket, but with it being on the 1 and 2 is that factory setup?

H05TYL

Yessir it's factory (it's on the 3 as well, just hidden behind the hump in that pic)

citymunky

Nice, I just looked his car, I like it. I might do this.

img.php

GSX_TC

Nice, I like how the vents are a bit wider than ours

RedTwo

That actually looks pretty good, aside from the cheese grater on the left hand side. I think it will be easier to source those vents, rather than molest the smurf bonnet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

citymunky

So I'm having these shipped overnight from Japan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:

curtis

citymunky

Ha, for a sec I thought those were full size cars.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned