The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

E85 35psi 678hp/496tq

Just back from the dyno, and E85 is awesome. I am having a lot of fun with the fuel. The car is making as much power if not more power than it was on q16. I just upgraded to FIC 2150cc injectors. The injectors are awesome, they were very easy to tune. Hell the car ran really well when I put them in.

FSR Motorsport Creations provided the dyno. These guys are awesome, and I was only 3hp away from breaking there dyno record.

So I ran out of fuel pump. I am running a single Bosch 044 pump with a base pressure of 42psi.

I have have a link up to the CAL and the logs in a few hours along with a link to a video.

37r
2150cc
35psi

Video:
GVR4 35psi E85 678/496

Link to the log file and the cal:
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php/topic,26972.msg138019.html

FSR Motorsport Creations
click

Dyno Graph

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Posten

Very cool. Nice job.

alansupra94

Nice run man. I hope to be in that power range after breaking in this motor.

Brianawd

Good job

cheekychimp

Please don't take this as in anyway critical, because it is not. That is more power than I ever hope to make. I'm just interested.

Looking at Brian's sig he's making only 12 ft/lbs torque less than you and yet he's 116 shy of your horsepower figure. How does that sort of disparity occur? You are running a 2.0 litre right Brian?

thecman02

Nice job. The torque numbers are sick.

Quoting cheekychimp:
Please don't take this as in anyway critical, because it is not. That is more power than I ever hope to make. I'm just interested.

Looking at Brian's sig he's making only 12 ft/lbs torque less than you and yet he's 116 shy of your horsepower figure. How does that sort of disparity occur? You are running a 2.0 litre right Brian?

I dont take it the wrong way. I have been tuning on e85 for about 1 month now and I have been making big power for about 3-4 months or so. I have been playing with timing, AFR's and different boost pressures. The car has more timing in it, I just need to figure out where to add it. On the DSM boards a guy with a similar setup made 724awhp and 526 ftlbs on 29psi. So that means to me that I am really not taking full advantage of the boost that the car is running. Most of that is knowing exactly what AFR the car wants and how much timing the car wants.

My next trip to the dyno, I am going to really focus on the timing. This time around it was 99% afr's and making sure that the car was making the power it was supposed to. I made about 40whp for every 3psi. So I would like to see close to 800hp/600tq on this turbo at 42psi. So that is my end goal.

Up until this dyno, the car has been street tuned. The only thing I changed before hitting the dyno was getting rid of the 1350cc injectors and putting in 2150cc injectors.

What kind of Duty Cycles were you seeing on the injectors? Chances are that you could drop the base fuel pressure to 35-37psi, which would give the pumps more headroom, and provide more volume.

IDC was 70%. I want to make another at least 100whp on the car so I am just going to put another pump on the car and call it good.

Brianawd

Quote:

Yes I am still on a 2.0. My car makes good torque because of the intake manifold and cams. Its all in set up and what you want the car to do. Also I have been tune with e85 for almost 5years now. So I have learned some little tricks. Well on my car that is.

Nartanian

Nice numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

cheekychimp

What intake and cams do you have Brian and what AFR are you tuning for? I found some stuff in another thread a few days ago about guys tuning for AFRs well away from the norm without issues because the fuel burns so cool and resists detonation, I guess that's what you are doing Boz? This was where a lot of the guys seemed to be picking up huge amounts of power.

Also it looks like you actually peak at over 700 hp on the graph at 6000 rpms, why is peak horsepower recorded as 678? I thought I was reading the wrong line but torque seems to be right on the money. Just trying to learn something here.

Street Surgeon

Wow, I was under the impression that you run out of fuel right around 600whp on the E85/Bosch 044 combo, good news for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

onesickcrx

By the way glad to see you switch to E85 I sell VP and am going with E85 as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good numbers

Quoting Street Surgeon:
Wow, I was under the impression that you run out of fuel right around 600whp on the E85/Bosch 044 combo, good news for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ya I ran out of fuel on Q16 on a non rewired bosch 044 at about 600whp. Once I rewired it I was good to go.

click

Q16 Info:
Non Rewire Intank 044(42psi base) = ~600 dynojet WHP
Rewire Intank 044(42psi base) = ~675 dynojet WHP so far, still need to dail up the boost.

E85 Info:
Rewire Intank 044(42psi base) = 678whp dynojet. Pump was maxed out and started to go lean.

Quoting onesickcrx:
By the way glad to see you switch to E85 I sell VP and am going with E85 as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good numbers

I love E85 so far. I dont think I will ever go back to race gas. I can buy 30 gallons of E85 for what I could buy 5 gallons of Q16 for. I am making more power on E85 than I did on Q16. I like the e85 out of the pump. I know it is not consistant from pump to pump, but I am pretty cool with that.

My next goal is to hit the dyno again and really focus on the timing, and get the power up across the board. So really dial in the timing at 25+ psi. I know the car has a lot more in it.

I also want to get the turbo to spool up a little faster, however it spooling slow is keeping my stock transmission in one piece.

I think I am going to go from -1* at peek boost/peek torque to about 0* or even 1 degree. That should make this thing just nasty. I will test it at the track next weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned