The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Driving all the way to the Shootout again in the VR4

GSX_TC

I'm driving over a day to get out there non stop, might be longer if my chic comes with me lol. Anybody else wanna meet up along the way and cruise out there together? I'll be crossing Oklahoma, Arkansas, missouri, illinois, and Indiana. I'll be leaving first thing in the morning wednesday August 15th.

My new motor in the VR4 should be done here very soon.

And I'll be updating this thread as I cross the county =)

IncorpoRatedX

I'm in northern indiana, right off 80/90 tollway that you'll take all the way to ohio. Feel free to hit me up. I wont be on the road until saturday afternoon.

GSX_TC

Im trying to avoid all tolls possible like last year, your not gonna be on the road till Saturday? You aren't going to the big Friday portion of the event at buchurs shop?

LIV4PSI

I was thinking the same thing about leaving Saturday afternoon, that's slacking. We will be leaving Friday by noon I'm sure.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting GSX_TC:
Im trying to avoid all tolls possible like last year, your not gonna be on the road till Saturday? You aren't going to the big Friday portion of the event at buchurs shop?

Nah, I think buschur is the biggest douche bag on earth, I only go to the shoot out for the people and cars. When AMS and a lot of the chicago guys stopped going, I considered not going myself and did skip it a couple of times. I've never gone for his circle jerk dyno day and I've yet to go for the autocross, though I heard it was going to be better this year.

Do you have a route in mind mike? post up!

GSX_TC

Well im sorry to hear that Josh. I don't have a problem with him, but yeah as for the route, it will be based on the GPS, I'll be avoiding all the toll roads though. Would you like to pick a spot somewhere in Indiana to meet at?

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

no big deal, if you're up my way on the trip and feel like stopping for a bit or need a garage to check over your vitals, you're more then welcome to stop at my place. Otherwise I'll catch you at the shoot out. I plan to camp at Milan again.

GSX_TC

Hmmmmmm that sounds like a plan, I did want to change my oil and filter again towards the end of my drive there so maybe I can stop by and do my oil change on the new motor. That would be nice of you for letting me do that at your place.

IncorpoRatedX

That's fine with me, just take the waste oil to the AutoZone down the road on your way out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

Lol you mean Vatozone, or Oh Reallys haha

LIV4PSI

Are you coming to the Shootout, Boostin4dr?

Last edited:

boostin4door

^
The plan is to go this year, we'll see...
I Missed the last 2 years,but prior to that I went to about 13 SO's in a row.
[I'm a 'Old Mofo' LOL]

My mom lives in Houston, nice city! GSX TC,You have a LONG haul!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Yep it's going to be a fun 20+ hours with the new motor and setup. I drove there from Cali last year so coming from Texas is not that bad. You should go though man, this year will be the biggest one ever. Lots of VR4's are coming out, even the one Lap VR4! Haha

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned