The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Driving to the 2013 DSM Shootout in Ohio & The Tail of the Dragon in NC in VR4

GSX_TC

Yeah that's why I hope I can get a few people to roll with me out there too, it's soo much more better than driving by yourself the whole way.

IncorpoRatedX

maybe i'll park my old scrap heap 2nd generation galant next to your 6th generation galants.

GSX_TC

Yeah sure, you can park at the end of our line up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

IncorpoRatedX

you mean the start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, respect your elders young gvr4, if not for my wagons old and tired 4g52, you would not have your 4g63.

GSX_TC

Beauty before age in this line up brotha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IncorpoRatedX

god you're such a
images

GSX_TC

Lol

GSX_TC

Well guys, Me and my Chic are leaving tonight at 3am to start our 22+ hour journey to the shootout. Got the VR4 all tapped up from rock chips and even put a mesh screen for the Front mount. Wish me Luck!

turbowop

If I were you and was that worried about rocks, I'd be either pulling out those hard-to-find JDM foggies, or covering them up with a couple layers of tape as well.

992gnt

I would love to bring mine, but I just don't trust it yet. Too many issues in the first 250 miles of ownership - and I'm only 4 hours away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

mistaVR4

+1, headlights as well! Oh yeah you may need those...Anyway, look forward to your pics, wish ya a safe trip Mike.

EDIT: In the future maybe consider a clear bra??

Last edited:

vr4play

Quoting 992gnt:
I would love to bring mine, but I just don't trust it yet. Too many issues in the first 250 miles of ownership - and I'm only 4 hours away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

You can just follow me. I have a trailer. LOL

tektic

better get that tape hot before you even think about pulling it off.
Or it might look like the walls in my living room around the doors.
Just in case.

IncorpoRatedX

by chic do you mean the car or an actual girl? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbowop

Are rock chips really an issue on the freeway during the summer from Texas to Ohio? It's mostly just a winter problem here. And even then, I only see dealerships doing stuff like this when they trade new cars and drive them between dealerships.

jogalant

You can get a sheet of these click and cut to fit your lights. I've had them for years on all my cars all of which, save the Lexus, I converted to Euro lights. They haven't yellowed at all and are thick enough so that rocks/debris just frickin' bounce off them. Best of all they're invisible.

There's also clear vinyl that's practically invisible available for cheap to protect leading edges/exposed areas. It's probably a fun DIY project.

boostedinaz

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
You should cover the windshield with masking tape too. Might get rock chips.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

curtis

Hopefully training at Norwalk has improved click me

GSX_TC

Gps has us going through these states in this order, TX, Louisana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky and then Ohio, if anyone wants to tag along.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned