The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

19th Annual DSM Shootout Aug 20-21 2011 Norwalk, Ohio

GSX_TC

yeah he's changing his rear diff right now in the parking lot. said the old one was crunching.

3rdstrikedsm

Wow he just changed it before he left a few days ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

GSX_TC

I cant wait to see that one and Mike's 900 HP one on the track tomorrow!!

GSX_TC

dam that was badass man, best time i ever had! I got the pictures i wanted to take like me shaking Sheps Hand and me shaking Dave Buschurs hand, now im gonna frame them and hang em on my wall=D. I have LOTS of pics and vids and will post them alllllllll up when i get back to Cali. I hope i can bring my 1g next year. well i hit the road back to california tonight at 4am. wish me luck guys =)

IncorpoRatedX

i saw you packing, we camped at milan again last night, you came this far and not even going to cedar point??

thecman02

It was fun meeting up with you some of you guys.

Crappy cell phone pics ftl.

Last edited:

Great Shootout the galants in the past couple years have been lacking maybe 1 or 2.. but this year there were a bunch.. Met up with GSXTC and Wizard both damn good people. Hopefully Mike you make it home ok!.. Other than being harrassed by cops the entire shootout it was probably the best ive been to. The weather on race day was a little rainy at first but perfect later on mid 80s and slight breeze. Way better then the 120 temps on the track last year. Lots and lots of broken cars but i mean what eles can you say other than this!

306042_10150342977002744_722252743_10116263_5364420_n.jpg

Jesse

PolskiVR4

That Q16 class this year was amazing. Every car was in the nines or lower. If I remember correctly the elite 8 were all in the 8's! Plus it was nice to see that the semi finals were all DSM's and no Evo's. Just a little personal preference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

DR1665

Nice to see you guys managed to get all those Galants together. :p

It was pretty cool to meet a SoCal GVR4 brother for the first time all the way in Norwalk, Ohio. I was planning to skip the 2012 Shootout, but seeing someone from SoCal made the drive (in one of the cleanest GVR4s around, by the way), and getting called out by a couple 2GNT autox friends, I guess I'm going to start budgeting now.

Gonna try to talk boostedinaz into rolling. If we can find three guys willing to split gas/hotel costs and drive straight through, we could have 3 GVR4s (including you, SoCal Mike) rolling out of Phoenix next year. That would be epic.

PS: Don't forget: turbomac. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

IncorpoRatedX

I just got home today, nice meeting some board members, wish i could have met up with ya driggs, had roller coasters to ride though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

the two most important parts for me; all the galants present and my girlfriend had a blast.

GSX_TC

Hey guys I'm in Texas heaving west bound on the 40, my VR4 has sprung a small oil leak near the underside of the turbo area. Most likely my drain. Anyways it's leaking kinda fast to where itll almost be empty in 3 hours. I don't have the Money or time to fix it right now. I just wanna make it back to California safely so I can fix it there. Can anybody that lives along the way (new Mexico,Arizona) hook me up with some oil? I don't have enough money to keep buying oil every time I stop for gas.

IncorpoRatedX

Take a break and try to fix it! Sorry to hear that bud, driggs should be in arizona by now, not sure who else is out that way.

DR1665

Tried calling Mike. No answer. Sent a text. It's about 7hrs to PHX from ABQ. I've got oil and drain gasket on hand and willing to help out.

Calling Mike O. in ABQ to see if he's around, able to lend a hand sooner.

boostedinaz

Quoting GSX_TC:
Hey guys I'm in Texas heaving west bound on the 40, my VR4 has sprung a small oil leak near the underside of the turbo area. Most likely my drain. Anyways it's leaking kinda fast to where itll almost be empty in 3 hours. I don't have the Money or time to fix it right now. I just wanna make it back to California safely so I can fix it there. Can anybody that lives along the way (new Mexico,Arizona) hook me up with some oil? I don't have enough money to keep buying oil every time I stop for gas.

I got 5 quarts of generic oil you can have if you cruise through. We might be even be able to fix it. Feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

DR1665

Just got a text from Mike. He stopped "somewhere in New Mexico" to bust out the tools and try fixing it. (Tightening the clamps on the drain. Keep your fingers crossed, gents.)

I've since left a message (and his number) with ktmrider up in ABQ just in case he's in the country and can lend a hand.

So, for the record, Mike has an oil leak up in Mike's neck of the woods in NM. Michael down here in PHX is offering oil, as am I. Banned Mike would also be down to help if he weren't banned. :p

Keep us posted, SoCal.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Ok so I stopped at some gas station in new Mexico, busted out my floor jack and tools, got underneath her and tried to see if I can fix the leak. I tightened a clamp for the oil drain and it seems to have stopped the leak. I'm gonna stop again soon and check my oil level to see if it actually fixed it.

GSX_TC

Well I just pulled over for gas and oil level is the same. I guess I fixed it. Thanks for the support guys.

DR1665

Rock on, Mike. You've got my number. If sh*t hits the fan between wherever the hell you are now and home, don't hesitate to give me a call so I can rally the troops. You done us all proud, making that drive the way you did. I've been going to the Shootout since 2003-4 and have never had the balls (or money) to make the drive.

Next year, we roll three deep out of Phoenix, will a full spares package and tools.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned