The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Drive shaft carrier barrings and U joints

I need to replace the carrier barrings and U joints. A while back I thought it was jnz but can not remember where I saw them but the complete kit was $260. now I can not find the kit. can anyone help???

toybreaker

iconoclast
try searching for bearings

... probably get better search results ...

Struc

Chicago1

Sweet I need to order that looks like the price went up from what someone was telling me. Oh well hopefully the rattle and banging will go away!!!

496of2000

They are cheaper if you buy them frm mitsubishiparts.net. Yoke kit is cheaper also, it,s pn MR470072. Carrier bearing pn MB505495.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting 496of2000:
Yoke kit is cheaper also, it,s pn MR470072

Abrahm,

Buying three of the yoke kits from the dealer (and robbing the u-joints out of two of them) turns out to be the cheapest/best way to get the three quality u joints you need to do a complete driveshaft service at a fair price.

... whereas buying just the loose u-joints by themsleves will cost you considerably more ...

(it's because there was a recall on the yokes/transfer case seals, so they have manufactured a whole bunch of the yoke kits and the economy of scale makes the price is lower if you just buy the yoke and joint together. You just have to disassemble two of the yokes in order to utilise the joints in the center and rear sections of your drive shaft.)

Make sense now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rebuilding you driveshaft gets expensive. id almost opt for an aftermarket unit!! im into mine for about $240 but its pretty now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned