The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

carrier bearing/bushing

Gvr41415

where can i find the tw0 drive shaft carrier bearings for under $100? and do the u-joints need to be removed for install??

transparentdsm

you wont... 1 carrier bearing is 85 dollars. unless you find someone who is basically throwing them away and if your going to replace those you should replace everything. here is a link to a how to click and here is a link to a full rebuild kit at a good price click you may think its a little expensive since you were aiming in the 100$ range but i see that being very implausible.

Gvr41415

thanks it looks like a good write up. do you know if that kit comes with the u-joints?

Terry Posten

Yes, kit comes with all parts needed to replace everything with new except for the shafts and lobro joint (just re-grease that part).

And yes, you have to pop all the u-joints off to get the bearings on.

Just make sure you mark the shafts to the other shaft before removal so you put it back exactly the same orientation or you may get vibration at speed. And be very careful with the body pan studs that the bearings mount to. Use proper liquid wrench to treat the threads before removal of nuts and use anti-seize when reassembly. If you break a stud, you will not be happy.

kooter

I get to say it again.
I am getting ready to do the same thing. just waiting on my two jaw puller. It needs to be at least 7 inches I would say.

But

youtube video
this is the first of several driveshaft 101, 102, 103 104.

I have watched it like 20 times.
Jafro makes it look so easy. Because it really is.

At least with the right tools.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned