The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear drive shaft U-joint

gvr41190

I've got my drive shaft off and noticed that the rear u-joint is binding a little. I'd like to replace it, so I looked on Mitsubishiparts.com. It just shows "universal joints" and doesn't give specifics. Could anyone please provide a part number or other guidance? I really want to make sure that I order the proper piece.

Also, I need to replace the vent on the diff, but didn't see it listed. Any help finding this would be appreciated, too!

Thanks in advance.

ktmrider

Use JNZ Tuning instead, you won't be disappointed!

Muskrat

Buy the drive shaft yolk kit, and pull the u-joint out of it and use that. OEM u-joints are stronger than the aftermarket, but really expensive on their own (over $100 iirc). but the Yolk kit, which comes with one, is only ~$35.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned