The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Datalogger straight to ECU?

IncorpoRatedX

Hey guys, finally swapped a beefier trans into my 4g63 rwd turbo wagon, so it's time to tune a little and put a little extra boost on it. I'm running a stock dsm wiring harness and ecu with all the extras removed, this means there's no diag port... sooo....

Anyone know which wires I should hook into directly at the ecu? I have a couple of "diag port" wires labeled and capped off in the harness, but I have no idea which pins to hook directly too.

I have a small laptop I'd like to use instead of a palm, can anyone point me to a decent logger cable for a laptop (would have to be USB) otherwise I'll stick to the old palm method.

Thanks!

MX4

I did this back in the day. I used the www.vfaq.com pinout diagram to find the two wires to tap into. I wired them one way and it didnt work, so switched the wires over and it worked perfectly.

IncorpoRatedX

So you just used:

Pin 1 Self-Diagnosis Output
Pin 2 Diagnosis/Data transfer select terminal

?

IncorpoRatedX

Hmm, the logger wires on my palm logger cable have two wires that appear to be hooked to each other, then a separate wire. so really it's only 2 wires but the second wire seems to matter how it's hooked up.

Any knowledge of which pin at the ECU is DATA-P1 and which is DIAG-P10?

My guess is:
ECU Pin 1 Self-Diagnosis Output = DIAG-P10
ECU Pin 2 Diagnosis/Data transfer select terminal = DATA-P1

img.php

In summary;
The first wire that has a single connector would go to DATA-P1
The second wire with two connectors would hook to DIAG-P10 and chassis ground

MX4

Yes that's correct. First time round I wired mine in backwards and then rewired it after it not working. Didn't do any damage.

IncorpoRatedX

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned