The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Datalogger via android phone?

chrisfullwood

All i got the following reply...
Quote:
It'll happen, I just need to get around and make them. I'm not sure where I'll list them all however, possibly on ebay, or just via email inquiries.

I'll keep you in the loop!

Thanks,

I have found the Application that can be downloaded online. Installing the app will help you in transfer data to your Andriod Phone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jnava

Staff member
Too late, waiting on the the app for Bluetooth to Android too way too long. I just went ahead and got a palm datalogger. Plus when your Android OS fails, everything is gone on restore. Still interested but not as much.

chrisfullwood

yea i did the same thing, i got a palm, i also got the zeitronix zt2 aswell, i just havent installed it yet. It would have been cool, and looked like it was almost done, but my car can only run crappy for so long right....

shame. i would have snapped it up in a heartbeat.

Memphetic

STATE OF THE PROJECT ADDRESS

*****UPDATED 01/11/2012*****

So I'm sure a lot of the fervor and anticipation has long since died, and perhaps some people were still holding on with a thread of hope. I've been silent for a long time, there have been no updates, etc. So, I've decided to relay to you what's been going on.

I began working on a hardwired transmitter, which is still in the mix, but on the backburner. The guy who was working on the bluetooth adapters - rather, my contact - somewhat fell off the face of the earth. I wasn't sure what happened, so I emailed him a about a week ago. I'm not sure how much detail I should disclose, so I'll just say that one of the guys that was working with him is unable to do it now and he lost all interest in it.

***SO WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE US?***

As of last night (and after much deliberation for the last week) I purchased the rights/unassembled hardware/programming for the bluetooth adapter. I've also modified it and made it about 1/3 as big by using surface mount components. So, it's back on. I've got four days off a week (for now anyways) in which I can work on the project. Expect to get an email soon if you're one of the first ones on the waiting list for the adapter, and even sooner if you've already downloaded the program.

Last edited:

fuel

yay I'm definitely keen.

citymunky

Nice

Wizardawd

Thank god....was wondering about that. I got sent pics and everything. Might have to buy the app now since the adapter is a possibility.

Hardwired would not be a good idea though. The microusb connectors for the droids is quite fragile and not covered under warranty usually. The Apple 30-pin does well, but not our tiny connector.

All in for BT though.

Wiz

jnava

Staff member
I was so on board but then I got dsmlink. You can definitely take me off from #3.

Wizardawd

I have link too....but I often need to diagnose other peoples cars. And i'll be damn if im swapping out ECUs and a laptop just to check timing, knock counts, read trouble codes.

Wiz

desant78

Info on where to sign Up? Or is it just the Android market?

Memphetic

Doing testing today, hopefully shipping the first batch out tomorrow. Here are some pics:
click
click
click
click

The third image shows a request-reply on the oscilliscope - the left waveform is a request for voltage, and the right waveform is the reply of 11.98v from the ECU. Also shows a comparison of the old boards (green) to my new design (purple). Haven't even began to test the new ones yet though...

Ralli380Gvr4

I've been waiting for this for a while now, I'm about to pull the trigger and buy the software and adapter but I feel like I need to see more videos of it working, If possible.

I have a HTC Thunderbolt running Gingerbread and bluetooth capabilities, anything else I need to know?

Also, would we be buying the purple V2 or the green V1 board?

Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Memphetic

The V1 board. The V2 boards aren't ready yet... I have a couple of bugs to work out... they're electronically identical, however. Same microchip (just different package size), oscillator, and components. Just smaller.

turbojew

Will it work with an Atrix V2 4G? Running Android 2.3.6

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned