The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSMLink connection problem

MellowVR4

Hello all, wanted to see if i can get some help here. I recently just got my car running, fired up Link and changed the globe and deadtime for the upgraded injectors i put in, worked just fine. Disconnected it and went to sleep, Next day i hook it back up (LINK), at first it wouldnt get the signal from the ecu, but then I wiggled the usb connector and it worked. Same day try to hook it up again and nothing, try all the other usb ports on my laptop and still nothing. Maybe the whole harness was messed up? so i barrow my friends cord, and still nothing. I made sure i have the right COM port setting, Used my nephews laptop to see if my usb ports where malfunctioning on my pc. Still nothing, I look at the wires that are hooked up to the diagnostics connector to see for any signs of failure, as far as i can see they look fine, i didnt go deep into the harness to see if their was a break in the wire somewhere, but i will if i have to. Im at a lose, Dont know what do next. It just gives me a message that it cant find a good connection. HELP please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

MellowVR4

I just found some info that im gona try. I guess it could be the diagnostic port itself. ill check that tomoro.

jnava

Staff member
I had this problem before and yes, it can be the port but that usually is an issue when your first setup of link on you laptop. I found that my problem was the little box with the light, was actually damaged. I would suggest first to use someone else's cable to verify if its a cable issue. If so, shell out the 50 to get it.

jnava

Staff member
Really.....well, I tore it apart to see if it was the little chip board in the box was damaged and it was. So I had no choice.

MellowVR4

Quoting jnava:
I had this problem before and yes, it can be the port but that usually is an issue when your first setup of link on you laptop. I found that my problem was the little box with the light, was actually damaged. I would suggest first to use someone else's cable to verify if its a cable issue. If so, shell out the 50 to get it.

I did barrow my friends brand new cable and still the same results. Im gona do a test to the 1, 10, and 12 pin on the diagnostic harness. Make sure everything is good.

EHmotorsports

Make sure you have the latest version downloaded onto your laptop.

MellowVR4

Can you show which one that is, I get confused on which link that is on the ecmlink page. Im running v3 lite.

MellowVR4

Yea i was going to try that when i get home.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned