The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cooling fan

dsm10o0

This is like the 5th time I've overheated my car. The cooling fan stopped working. The fan is in working condition and connections are all connected. What should I check next? Is there a way I can run the cooling fas on all the time besides routing it directly through the battery?

vtecds1

Check vfaq for the cooling fan bypass mod.

524of1000

Quoting dsm10o0:
Is there a way I can run the cooling fas on all the time besides routing it directly through the battery?

This is a BAD idea. Trust me. If you want to run a hard line to control it use the VFAQ method. Run a line from the fan resistor to a switch inside the car and back to the fan itself. That said, I'd double check the fan switch on the bottom of the radiator. Having to switch the fan on at a stop and off while driving can e a pain sometimes...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned