The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radiator fan switch questions

When I pull my radiator, I only have one harness that I need to disconnect. Is this connector for the radiator fan or should there be a separate harness for the fan switch?

I see another connector closeby that isn't connected to anything. I always thought it was for my fogs, but now I am starting to wonder if its for the radiator fan.

Yet, my fans turn on. Is there something else that can turn my radiator fans on when it gets hot because they do eventually get turned on.

Finally, do I have to pull the radiator to see/connect the radiator fan switch? I am sick of pulling the radiator all the time. I really am.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

bmod530

Im having issues with my rad. fan. Is the low speed run suppose to run constantly when the key is at "run"? Both my speeds are dead in the water. Im looking at this diagram but am unsure if its 100% accurate. This might even help you out to understand the cooling circuit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well I am becoming the expert on this matter unfortunately. I replaced the radiator fan switch and it didn't help.
I am pretty cheap and money is tight so I was kind of dissapointed.

So today I was looking at my logger and the temp was hitting 223 degrees. I noticed the fan wasn't on. I checked the harness to the fan and jiggled it. The radiator fan turned on fine. There are also two wires that were super brittle going to the coolant temperature sensor as well which didn't allow the ECU to know that the temp was. I heat shrinked and soldered that one. I think that may effect the fan coming on as well (at least the limp home portion). My check engine light came on when this harness failed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned