The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

noob fan question

tektic

Testing fan system because it seems like it should have been on but wasn't. Ecu saw 203.

So I grounded out the blue wire by thermostat and both fans turned on.

I jumped out the sensor wires for the lower rad temp sensor and the relay clicks but no fan.

Resistor wires at fan harness connection was 7.5 ohm.

All testing was with engine not running with ignition in the on position.

What do I check next?

tektic

No comment?

"I jumped out the sensor wires for the lower rad temp sensor and the relay clicks but no fan."

This leads me to believe its a resistor issue because everything else seems to be working except low speed.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

remove the resister at the main fan and jump the wires on the plug. if it works it will be your resister, in my case i cut the wire, removed the resister and just connected the two wires and have my fan run at high speed whenever it turns on, i also have the A/C fan wired into the main fan so both turn on at the same time. except its winter up here so i took that fan out for now, will be put back in durning the spring once i remove the hood vent covers.

tektic

I had a bad connection at that white resistor plug. Low speed works now.

When is high speed suppos to go on? I want to test that.

Also that blue fan wire behind the thermostat housing, does a stock vr4 have a sensor for that plug?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned