The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Compressor cover dont fit! Now What?

tektic

I have a small 16g a Hahn cover and two e316g covers. Not an ideal situation, however I'm having trouble locating the correct MHI style cover.(49178-01520 or 49178-05200)
The turbo is one of the last things I need to install before I drop the engine in the bay.

With this (Hahn) cover my ets ic piping and the wg actuator don't line up.
What would you do?

Last edited:

BogusSVO

Hard to say how much boost it would make.

As for damage, I can see that if it comes apart.

Have you looked for a matching E3 compressor wheel?

tektic

Small 16G: 1.830" Inducer, 2.365" Exducer
Big 16G: 1.892" Inducer, 2.680" Exducer
Evo III 16G: 1.902" Inducer, 2.680" Exducer

would have to have the center section machined for the bigger wheel.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

Rotate the comp housing to line up the wg actuator and see if your ic piping will match ip as well.

tektic

That picture shows the best alignment possible.

I'm getting a 14b machined to fit. Turbo lab on tuners came in at less than half the price of the first guy I asked.

The right piece is the best solution. I just didn't want to spend another $100 on such a small turbo. He said $35.

prove_it

Yes, as long as the length is corrected. Bending the rod will make it shorter. OEM wastegates are bent......

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned