The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cold air intake which one do I want

kooter

So #418 has gotten a proper inspection, other then a couple little thing's she has passed with flying color's.

I am looking to add a cold air intake and would like one that goes on easily and looks clean.
any and all advice welcome.

thanks

talontyme

If you want simple and you still have the stock air can go with the ets its not cheap but it is made to fit our cars nicely.other than that custom all the way.

raptorWagon

^That's essentially just a hard pipe replacement for the stock intake. If you were to relocate the battery to where the air can sits, then you could use a dsm style intake. IMO, cold air intakes are overrated and just enable you to be more vulnerable to sucking up water through the intake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

KiNgMaRtY

I have not changed mine on 802 yet but I am not a fan of the OEM flow design. I had a 2g on 611 and will more than likely do the same for 802.
Wonder what size piping the ETS is anyway. Doesn't indicate on their site

I have the 2g/injen combo also and love it. Got noticable gains back in the day when that was the first part on my GSX. The thing about that combo though......more air = more fuel. Has to be compensated for. Lots of people just slap on a 2g/injen combo with some 550's and smash out, and will run fine. In my opinion and self experiance, 1947 ran better with this combo after a keydiver chip, burnt for my mods. For further tuning capabilties, one could go with dsm link, or other more advanced ecu tuning setup's.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned