The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch Line

If the hard line is kinked, rusted or broken then yes, it makes sense to replace everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbowop

Well, obviously, if the hardline is broken or kinked it needs replaced. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I was basing my comments on a known good line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

atc250r

Staff member
I agree with you Mark. If the stock line is OK, not crusty, and in its mounts why even bother with replacing the whole thing.

johnnyRacer

My hose gave out and the hard line has some serious rust issues. So to keep from having future problems I'm just replacing everything.

stealthtt24

Just as an update from this old ass thread I found. I bought the 1g and it seems to be WAYYYY longer than what I need. From the master to the slave, I have a ton of it left, guess I'll have to tuck it away. I'll get pics if anyone wants to see. Basically what I'm saying is there is no need to buy the longer 2g line.

Last edited:

those SS braided lines still expand some, just not as much as a stock rubber line. i cant imagine replacing the entire system with those lines helps pedal feel at all. i wouldnt be surprised if its the same or worse than the stock hard/rubber system. hard lines do not expand at all.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned