The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch/Brake master brace.

presterone

I noticed when bleeding my clutch slave that the clutch master flexes a but ton. Then I started to wonder if anyone makes or has designed a clutch master or brake master brace for our cars. Maybe it wouldn't be that much of an improvement but if it was slightly I bet I could make one for fairly cheap.

rdomeck

Mine doesn't flex any....I would check for some cracks in the metal!

presterone

Ha! good point I will check tomorrow. Maybe the bolts loosened up like 45% of all the bolts in the engine bay after the solid mounts were installed and the car was driven daily.

BluFalcon

MachV used to sell a brace for 1G Master Cylinders to address this issue. My buddy has one on his 93 TSi, but I don't think they're available anymore.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned