The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clear coat oxidation

That's about right mate.

What I meant with the soft edge masking is you are going to have to mask part way down the pillar, even if you don't spray right upto the masking, paint is going to go there. That paint could otherwise greate a step, without using a soft edge on your masking.

Here is a photo of a soft edge

You can scrape the worst of the peel off with a razor (carefully) before feathering it.

Thanks for the info, this is exactly what I visualized. Now it's up to me as to whether or not I want to BC/CC. I'll probably just BC/CC to avoid errors since I have it all handy. Don't you cover up the rest of your moldings? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I just oversprayed onto my lower door moldings and will never do that again!

Quote:
Don't you cover up the rest of your moldings?

Absolutely, and I have prepsol handy for wiping off overspray too. I just took that picture to show you what I meant. Actualy, make sure you wipe where you are painting with prepsol and a new rag. Clenliness is key.

Good luck bro.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned