The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cell code ?

4doorboost

so i shot i check engine light, no big deal. i bought i buzzer to check what it is and when i plug it into the port no buzzing happens? im stumped buzzer works i think im putting the ground and + on the right terminals. also when the car shot the code the onle difference is that during non full throttle it runs lean? any help appreciated or if you know another way to test the code
thanks
bryce ocain

mooserage

Staff member
Okay, your post is a little difficult to read, but just to make sure: Is the car turned to the on position when you try to read the code? And is the CEL light on when you try to read it? If yes to both of those, then I would triple check you are hooking the buzzer up correctly, I've double checked pins before and still been wrong. Good luck. Hopefully someone else can chime in too.

4doorboost

yes the light is on and the ignition is on. can you plug the leads into the ecu directly insteads of the port next to the fuse box? im thinkin maybe the port isnt working?

Pin #1 of the diagnostic port is connected to pin #1 of the ECU. Just connect the other lead of the buzzer to a good ground.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned