The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ptb issue, running weird!

4doorboost

so m car is running really weird. i am getting cut, stumbling at part throlttle pretty bad. at full throttle my car runs better and and very low throttle. my afr is also reading lean sometimes, like 16+ when im cruisin nd occasionaly will just sit at 21. im gunna check for leaks but its having weird syptoms for leaks. im thinking it could be the tps sensor is not calibrated correct. any suggestions or easy ways to calibrate it? any suggestions on getting to that lower screw or if something else may be the problem. thanks
bryce ocain

4doorboost

so now when i start my car the zeitronix reads arouns 14 15 but then as i get going it sticks at 21 and stays there although the car seems to run ok. souls it be the zeitronix? or does my car just go lean i dont understand because even at wot now once the afr hits 21 on the zeitronix it stays there

yeti

I'm thinking something bad would of happend already if your going wot multiple times. At 21.

I'm geussin check the wideband

SouthCaliVR4

other than wide-band, what's your set-up? engine management, injector size, type of maf... ect

if this is out of the blue, check your fuel pressure.

4doorboost

yeah i only went wot once for obvious reasons.. my setup= fully forged aluminum bottom end, big 16g, hks cams, i run an safc2 for fuel, not sure on the injector size cause it had the injectors when i bought the car but not stock, never had a fuel problem, 2g maf. i recently replaced the throttle body shaft seals and throttle body gaskets, and all of the upper and lower injector o rings.

4doorboost

well when i replaced everything to get rid of boost leaks its just been stumbling pretty bad at part throttle and wot. i also think i might have not set the tps correctly so im gunna check the voltage later, but just dont understand why when i start my car the afr reads fine then after about 10 minutes of driving goes straight to 21 even when i shift

AnotherNewb

Bad 02 sensor on your wide band. Try calibrating it or replacing it all together.

4doorboost

so the part throttle issue was bad wires at the tps. but still when i start my car the wideband reads fine thenit goes to 21 and sits there after a few minutes, how could it read ok in the begining then just changeif the sensor was bad? this just started and its getting worse

Adorsey

You still have a FIAV(Fast Idle Air Valve) on your throttle body, which runs coolent thru the tb to help the warm-up process. The fiav shuts off after the motor is to temp, the motor raises its idle and gets more fuel ( ! ) to warm the motor (Thats when your a/f seem okay). When the job by the fiav is done, it shuts off. And leaves you with your current settings on your safc ( Low a/f ratio ).

Find some one with experince with an safc. Give him some money. And go for a drive..

GL

Editied for misleading information~

Last edited:

4doorboost

road racetuned my safc2 so i think its on.. i do have the fiav but th idle is perfect and the afr is fine then just randomly will go to 21 and sit there while the car seems to run fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned