The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car spluttering and not running right

my vr4 has just started running like absolute crap.. some times just turns off and when i rev it or try and hold it at 3-3.5rpm it sounds like a subaru and splutters.. i have chanced the o2 sensor spark plugs and the leads, could it be the fuel pump? can anyone help?? It also has a link g4...

Last edited by a moderator:

dammitjim

Just a guess but I've seen unmetered air cause that. Intake leak after the MAF or whatever these cars have? Fuel injector o-ring leak?

Last edited:

yeti

Quoting ONLMTR:
my vr4 has just started running like absolute crap.. some times just turns off and when i rev it or try and hold it at 3-3.5rpm it sounds like a subaru and splutters.. i have chanced the o2 sensor spark plugs and the leads, could it be the fuel pump? can anyone help?? It also has a link g4...

maybe bad caps in the ecu?

injector clogged?

it just randomly started doing it.. could it be that it needs a retune after having the battery disconnected for to long? i have just taken the intake manifold off and got a new gasket and put gasket goo on it re gasket goo the throttle body maybe the timing could have gone out slightly? all the vacuum lines are on with no leaks?.. anymore ideas?

thanks

mikus

surprisingly the picture montage didn't give any insight to the problem...

boost leak test & check for leaks first

Had a similar problem,mine was the ignitor module. But maybe check and see if your new gasket maybe made it in upside down?

yeti

Do you have a CEL,
And BLT before you spend any money

If it gets to specifically 3k ish and bogs, I would say maf if you got a CEL

citymunky

Check Engine Light

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned