The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not running right

xaisomboun

I had a similar problem and this sounds like the typica power transistor and/or the wiring harness coming from it got messed with. Undo the tape on the harness coming from the power transistor and check to see all wires are in tact.

James

I'll go with transistor. Assuming that's the black box that plugs into the coil. Everywhere I went to order one from called it a different name.

Mine actually had a break in the black plastic case,morning dew/ water/humidity/whatever would cause it to short out and run on 2 cyls, and on good days it would run just fine.

Captn

I put a different transistor in and its doing the same thing.

I have no clue what could be causing this completely lost.

xaisomboun

Yeah thats what I said until I unwrapped about 12 inches of the harness and found a brittle wire that came apart lol.

ade

captn is your car either on link or chipped?

Captn

I have link yes, I looked at the DTC's cleared them on accident I am sure they will come back soon though.

Captn

Looked at the wires and they are fine, I tried the stock maf and it is running slightly better.

I haven't seen anymore dtc's come up in link.

Captn

Got a different 2g maf that was working fine on the car, and no matter what I do I dsm link it does the same thing. Idle lean 20+ and drive like crap super rich -10.0 the car struggles to rev and won't rev past 4k while rolling (not 2 step). Timing is right on

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned