The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

still not running...seems no Fuel/Spark

desant78

Ok guys so i've been In a never ending battle with my vr4 to get on the road. During testing, trying to fix the idle issues, I played with numerous things (BISS and timing) and got the car to idle pretty well.

Once I get money to finish up the car (insurance, rims tires etc) it becomes a horrible expierence getting it started.

1. I need to use starter fluid everytime when I start it and when I do...it misfires. I need to keep adding fuel just to stay running, then after reving hard a few times it will seemingly run fine. But whenever I turn off the car, I cannot turn it back on. Keep in mind car is running very rich. When I try to start, plugs are soaked in fuel.

2. Soon the car was starting in the same fashion, but was not responsive. Attempted to time the engine, and realized there was no spark on cylinder 3 or 4, only the waste spark it seemed. Timing light was very intense for cylinders 1 and 2 but next to nothing when on 3 or 4. when plugs were pulled, off of coil pack where spark plug wires connect it begins to ark.

3. Now the car has absolutely no spark on any cylinder, timing light shows nothing and during cranking can't get any plug to ark to motor. Also, the plugs are no longer saturated when the car does not start. They are dry and dusty the spark plugs, when I would suspect them to have fuel since it is not sparking let alone starting.

So far I have replaced the ingiter module, CAS, spark plug wires are at correct resistances, and tried a DSM awd turbo ecu. Nothing has changed. Any ideas? I am searching threads and will be ordering a Coil Pack. Just don't know where to go if this does not work.

simply put...please help! i've had this car since december and with little funding am so close to being on the road...

desant78

I've got one on order now.....hopefully it does the trick :/

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts