The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can Anybody in Socal Help me Out?

GSX_TC

Im gonna need help putting on the JDM front bumper and properly wiring in the JDM projector Foglights with relays. can anybody help me out? anybody good with wiring? any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

boostedinaz

Technical? Wrong section man.

GSX_TC

wrong section? where should this have been posted then?

boostedinaz

Anything goes or General.

GSX_TC

can i delete this thread then?

Brunoboy

I'm pretty sure you can put the Jdm fog connectors on the stock harness connectors.

GSX_TC

you have to use relays man, because its double the load now as opposed to one on each side. plus im gonna run Brighter lights.

GSX_TC

im just gonna do it myself, i doubt anybody on here is gonna help me lol.

SSGdave

The bumper is pretty easy to mount. It's taking the USDM one off that's a PITA.

When are you going to start working on it?

GSX_TC

yeah i know it wont be too hard, its just the wiring thats gonna be hard for me. im just gonna have my buddy Kris do it. he's good with wiring so i know he'll do it correctly. my hood just got here today so. i'll prob start puttting all this stuff on the car sometime next week. maybe thursday. he's in san diego.

fuel

I would just run the outer 35W lamps on the original fog lamp wiring then run relays for the inner lamps to come on with the high beams only (which is how they are originally set up on the JDM cars). If you have the inner beams on permanently you will blind oncoming motorists. I think the inner beam lamps are 55W. I generally would avoid running higher wattage lamps (especially 100W) because you're likely to melt the plastic in the casing and ruin your new JDM spotlamps. Yes I have seen it happen before. You just don't need a high wattage bulb in the fog lamps because they are there purely for foggy conditions and a low wattage spread out beam pointing down is what works best in the fog.

GSX_TC

to keep from melting i was gonna run Yellow 3K HID's in the outer projectors, and HID's that match my headlights in the inner portion of the foglights. i know that they will be blinding but i wont be running them all on the time anyways.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned