The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anybody Runnin EVO X MR Rims on their VR4? if so can you post a pic?

GSX_TC

well i've discovered that my 18" rims wont clear evo8 brembo's. I could get extended studs, and a spacer but then that would bring the tire/rim way out past the fender and look like crap, so my alternative are EVO X MR rims. anybody have these on their VR4? can you post pics? also if anyone on this site has an EVO X MR with those rims that lives in Socal, would you be willing to meet up so i can test fit one of them on my VR4? any help is appreciated

4657529210_69a146bd6b.jpg

Last edited:

GSX_TC

i just wanna see how they look (width wise) on a VR4. before i going buying them.

i have this picture my friend photoshopped for me and im kinda liking it. if im satisfied with how they look (width wise) then this is how it'll look

VR4EvoMRblack.jpg

fuel

The Evo X rims having a lower offset and being wider than your existing rims will more than likely sit out of the fenders just as much as your existing rims with spacers. Having said that, the Evo X rims would look far nicer than your current rims. Also for the love of god, don't colour match the centers - they look so much better left as is.

PS: get rid of that damn muffler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Stop throwing fuel to the fire! Muffler is there to stay and I think the rims look better that way. Anybody out there have any Freakin pics of a VR4 with these rims??

Last edited:

OMFGeofffff

^^^It's probably a 1g system since that's how they exit on 1g cars.

BrandonEchols

Why not run any Evo fitment 17x8 rim?
Usually +35-38 work, depending on spoke design.

thecman02

Just put them on Mike. With some camber and your fenders rolled they should fit fine. They are only a half inch wider. As long as you fit the correct +1 tire sizing considering it is another inch in diameter to the 8/9's. The width fitment will match what you see on people running 8/9's.

broxma

I can only attest to my setup which is an Evo 8/9 rim running 235/45/17, my tires rub even with quite a bit of camber, no fender roll. I can only imagine the Evo 10 rims would exacerbate this problem and would probably require both.

/brox

FCR

turbowop

Quoting broxma:
I can only attest to my setup which is an Evo 8/9 rim running 235/45/17, my tires rub even with quite a bit of camber, no fender roll. I can only imagine the Evo 10 rims would exacerbate this problem and would probably require both.

/brox

Where do your tires rub? My 17x8 +35 with 245/40 setup only rubbed on the front plastic inner fender liner in front of the tire, and only during tight turns. I get absolutely zero rubbing anywhere else.

broxma

Fender cuts into the sidewall. It's not bad actually, but you can see a small line on the sidewall from it. I don't have any rub in a corner. I should be clear, my rims are Drag DR-31 17x8 +35 and my front end is quite low. I have less than a finger from the top of the tire to the edge of the fender, and I got some tiny fingers. Not to change the subject, but I have the sneaking suspicion that the mount angle for the top plate on the drivers side of the perch is wrong. I know for a fact they are not the same, side to side, and at identical camber, the passenger wheel is much more negative than the drivers side. So it may just be a frame issue with 379. Maybe slipped into a curb in the snow before I bought it, who knows.

Fender liners? There's supposed to be a plastic thing under there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/brox

fuel

^^ because the track is not the same width front and rear. The front wheel track is some 10-20mm wider than the rear wheel track. This is the case for 99% of passenger vehicles and vans on the roads today.

GSX_TC

Quoting FCR:
click

Wrong rims man. Those are EVO X GSR's I said EVO X MR's I even posted a pic of the rims up top. Maybe nobody has these rims on a Galant VR4 yet. I guess I'm just gonna have to find someone with a set and see of they are willing to let me test fit one on my car.

GSX_TC

Their different. Only the MR's are 18's

Last edited:

PolskiVR4

Ehhh wrong, those Evo X GSR wheels are the same size.

GSX_TC

Hmmm well they look smaller for some reason. Either way I don't like the GSR's I like the MR's

PolskiVR4

Yes, the MR wheels are gorgeous compared to those but for fitment reasons there is your answer.

GSX_TC

So the MR's will fit exactly the same as the GSR's then? I thought they would be a little dufferent like offset wise

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts