The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Brake rotors don't warp?

BoostedAWD91

rotors will warp overtime, more so if ur brakes are working perfectly but the better quality rotors probably wont warp as easy as the cheap ones which is probably what he is saying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbowop

Yeah, I thought that most people knew that. I remember when I had those really aggressive race pads. I could throw them on for a day if my brakes were pulsing after a lot of street pad use and they would effectively "turn" the rotor back to normal by getting rid of street pad deposits. Cold aggressive race pads will eat rotors like crazy though. Look in my member's page at the sparky brake pic to see.

*edit*

I'll just post it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pina%20071%20Medium.jpg

Last edited:

prove_it

i love sparks. they is pretty.

spoulson

This is a great read. You learn something new every day.

ktmrider

^^ Yep, thickness and/or density ( hard spots ) make the pedal pulse way more often than actual warping.
Learned a lot about this when my Dodge truck went thru pads/rotors at the 9k mile mark...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned