The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Brake fluid?

Romanova

What's everyone like for brake fluid these days? Swapped out rear calipers for new ones and will be doing non-abs conversion soon so I'll need some...

Terry Posten

I use Prestone full synthetic in both the brakes and clutch.

But I did it properly by bleeding the whole system completely clean so there was no old reg stuff in the system.

It was quite easy at the time because I did the ABS delete and had everything off and new. Same with the clutch, new master and slave made it easy to make sure all fluid was new and no old stuff was left in it.

I get it at Autozone in large quart containers.

SouthCaliVR4

If your not going all the way to dot 5 synthetic use dot 4, has a higher boiling point but will absorb moisture over time just as dot3 will, so annual flushes still required. dot 5 full synthetic lasts virtually forever as it will not absorb moisture & cause a drop in boiling point but will require a full on flush. if you do convert flush the whole system with alcohol to be sure all the old stuff is out. dot 3/4 & dot 5 are not compatible & any remaining amount will cause a spongy pedal.

JSchleim18

ATE Super Blue or Type 200 (same stuff, different color)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned