The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

question about 5 lug conversion?

daras6909

hey guys,
Im planning on doing a 5 lug conversion. my question is what brake rotors will I need to get for this swap? I planned on eliminating ABS & keeping my stock gvr4 spindles & calipers(if possible). thanks gor the help guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

LIV4PSI

Use the same rotors as the hubs that you use. You will be fine using the same calipers. On the front, usually the whe front spindle/hub is replaced. You might as well get non-abs fronts anyways, since you are deleting it

daras6909

I have the hubs from the previous owner. is it a necessity to get new steering knuckles...im trying to keep cost down for the time being and just unplug the abs computer. or are there risks going that route?

slugsgomoo

Use the rotors from a 92.5 AWD dsm if you are using the factory calipers. I'd ask for rotors from a 93+ car though, since early 92's had the small 1g single piston brakes with smaller rotors and a lot of parts stores aren't sure how to sort that out.

BpuVR4

also curious to hear any drawbacks to driving with an abs relay unplugged for awhile also, until abs deleted.

daras6909

my abs is a nightmare. kicks under 15mph under mild braking and at the same my rpms shoot up to 3k. I took the fuse out and the brake feel improved significantly and I had much more confidence in the braking system.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Remove the ABS fuse from the positive battery terminal location. There is no detrimental hydraulic affect with the hydraulic unit turned off. Brakes will work as standard brakes.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts