The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bov??

LIV4PSI

Quoting James:
This guy is a dumbass. The next Yeti... Maybe worse

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I'm glad I checked back in this thread, it got entertaining. Is Yeti still around, I haven't seen any updates since 50W oil and a spun bearing.

OP, you shouldn't have admitted to owning multiple 4G63 cars. The topic has been beaten to death, and is a very basic question. And to answer your ricer question...

Car with speed density and Tial BOV for 20+psi= because racecar
Car with stock MAF and a Ebay RFL BOV for 15psi= because ricer

I'll admit it was a dumb question. But all you guys can lmb. You do this all the time get on people for stupid sh*t. You're all a bunch of tools. And think you're all perfect. You just make me laugh.

MX4

I'm going to go against the grain here. I have had a few VR4s over the years and I have always run non-recirculated BOV's on them without problems. The trick is to make sure that the BOV seals at idle. As many BOVs are spring-tension adjustable its just a matter of adjusting it until its in its right spot. It may still cause the fuel mix to go rich in between gear changes (and to be honest I have never personally noticed it) but overall I dont find it any different than running the factory setup.

The reason I have always changed to a non-recirculated BOV is that the factory ones leak, and aftermarket BOVs that are recirculated weren't always the easiest to find in the past (plus I liked the noise).

raptorWagon

Quoting RedTwo:
Maybe I have super human (selective) hearing but I could hear the stock bpv when the car was completely stock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Lol, I could hear it too, but my lower shores performance MBC was louder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ktmrider

Quoting jertech:
I'll admit it was a dumb question. But all you guys can lmb. You do this all the time get on people for stupid sh*t. You're all a bunch of tools. And think you're all perfect. You just make me laugh.

Wow, way to make friends!

Funny part, we "tools" were thinking the exact same thing about YOU LOL.

BpuVR4

i think it's kinda funny that I'm the only one trying to recirculate my bov and everyone else posting threads is trying to go the other way. i've had a completely stock setup in my first vr4- even uncrushed bov and it sounded just fine to me, had a tial in my 2nd with hard pipes and it sounded fine...i just want my car to run as close to perfect as possible, damn the loudness of the bov.

DDM

The only car i had that actually ran OK with a non recirculated bov is my 2g. I dont know why but my vr4 runs like sh*t. It keeps dying at stop lights ect. And it wasnt even vta. It was just a really crappy home depot hose. As soon as i put a proper hose on it started idling perfect.

4thStroke

Quoting jertech:

Can you do us all a favor and leave? That way, you won't have to put up with us and we won't have to deal with you. We all win.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned