The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Let's talk BOV's

So I need to put a BOV on my car. Yeah, compressor surge sounds cool, and there are plenty of arguements back and forth about whether or not a BOV is actually needed, but I figure that I shouldn't tempt fate into blowing up my FP green.

I have a brand new Turbo XS type H-RFL that was going to use, but set screws make me nervous.

I would appreciate suggestions on other options. I run a blow-through GM maf set-up so I don't have to worry about recirculation.

Or should I simply have my RFL welded to a better type of flange?

Thanks.

Eaglesfly

I prefer the Tial myself and that's what is on my 1g. However, if you're looking for something more stock, check the 1g BOV mod kit in this thread. click I've seen it in person and it looks really nice and is very functional.

mikus

<20psi I'd consider a stock, anything more and I'd want something adjustable. Screw, spring, etc --- smashing it in a vice is only 'adjusting' after so many beers

Worry about setting it up right for your needs before you worry about the brand IMO, most reputable brands will work out fine.

Well I am currently hitting 21 lbs of boost, and will be aiming for 24-25 with more dyno time.

Eaglesfly, is there a reason that you prefer Tial over others, or is it just that you've never had a problem with Tial's?

I do like that the Tial BOV's use a v-band clamp for attachment.

Eaglesfly

Quoting galant1517:
Well I am currently hitting 21 lbs of boost, and will be aiming for 24-25 with more dyno time.

Eaglesfly, is there a reason that you prefer Tial over others, or is it just that you've never had a problem with Tial's?

I do like that the Tial BOV's use a v-band clamp for attachment.

I just prefer the Tial because it's never given me any issues over the past 6 years. It relieves pressure quietly at low boost/part throttle and holds all the boost you can throw at it without any adjustment. I've used several different Greddy's over the years on other cars and HATED them. So finicky about the adjustment and releasing properly.

Terry Posten

I like Forge units but get the one that has the pipe style fitting and just use a silicone coupler. Never leaks and you can't rip up any parts.

I have been using mine for years and it works great.

click

RedTwo

Tial handgrenade works mint - as long as you get the correct spring and don't have any vacuum leaks.

Boostdtalon

I've ran a couple of different types. Stock or a Synapse BOV/DV is my choice these days. I actually just received my DV the other day. I've ran there BOV on my talon and my evo. Held great from 12 up to 28 psi.

2011-08-19103056.jpg

makedollarz

I had some random loud one on my car until recently. I swapped it to the tial q with a 6psi spring, and its a much better setup. It's quiter, doesn't leak, and can hold 38psi with ease.

curtis

Quoting boostdtalon:
Curtis your 50mm and my 30R came off of that wrx. Fun fact for you.

Fricking classic..... My gate came from the beta test video car from you tube, my mustache brace went on the one lap when the guys needed it and the control arm in Nashville, cosworth valve springs from the yellow bonneville car, Brant's fuel system I bought went up Pikes peak in the silver car and still had dirt to prove it and the laminova oil cooler I have was on a trans-am series racecar. Now if I could find a sequential shifter from a WRC car I'd be covered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Look into forged perfomance diverter valves im only speaking from expierence on this pt67 on 25 daily driver n diverter was the only way

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned