The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Biglady112

bmxr152

Well here is the story. Being a shop owner i like to document all my installs and purchases. I recently purchased a rebuilt trans from biglady112. I paid 550 shipped for it. I was told (by the listing info from the ad and private messages) that it was a stock rebuild with good parts, and was told a shaft had some damage from removing the old bearing. I was told and insisted there were no leaks and that he tested it and went through all the gears, and took it around the block for a drive. Well i took his word for it and now im paying for it. THe trans shifts fine, but leaks like a pig from a 3 cases, the GREY RTV he used looks like it was oozed on. I asked him if he would be willing to help pay for the leaks to get fixed. He refused bluntly telling me i can fix it myself (i have documents on all this By the way). So now i am having to take everything back off to do the job i though i payed for. I already leaked 1 qt from 30 miles of driving, to bad it wasnt an axle seal or just the 5th gear case, but it seems all the cases have leaks. I will post picture and more info including conversations. I own and run a buisness here where i live and this is the second time someone on the forums has done this, and this is for sure the last time. I hope everyone read this avoids biglady112, that is also his name on tuners, and i will be pm'ing defiant on tuners as well about my transaction.

biglady112

I have not done anything underhanded with this guy. I spent a ton of money on parts, assembled this thing myself, and had no issues before I sent it out. If it leaks, I don't have much of an answer for that. I am in denver, and he is in california. How can I fix it unless he sends the thing back? I provided plenty of documentation myself of the full rebuild. All this man is out is a leak. Mechanically he even agrees and admits that it works fine. I have proof that it WAS NOT PERFECT. I put parts in it that it needed, and put it back together. It is used and has been apart numerous times.

Aside from a leak, how have a wronged you?

Last edited:

I have done multiple transactions with Steve and never had any problems. He has always been very good at getting stuff shipped out and easy to get in contact with and helpful. Everything I have bought from him has been exactly as described. I doubt he is out to screw anyone on here. It sounds like he was descriptive about the product and you received exactly what you purchased. Its not uncommon to have a leak when rebuilding and taking apart a transmission numerous times. It sounds like you got a good deal for the price you paid. I dont think he should be considered a bad guy over "a leak" that can be easily fixed. I am sure he would send you some rtv to seal it up if you ask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just my 2 cents....I am not saying I know the whole story but putting my word out that he is not a bad guy/seller.

-David

toybreaker

iconoclast
The bad guy forum is not a place for people to make good guy posts, but I have to aggree with many of things that were said in the last post.

The fact that it leaks sucks, and I understand your frustration with the situation.

Now you have to remove it to get things re-sealed, and nobody likes to "practice" that task.

However, it shifted well, didn't have any bearing noises and for the most part worked well, so to some extent, you have to look at the bigger picture.

This transmission had almost twice it's purchase price in new parts installed, and arrived at it's destination in a timely manner.

If Steven was a business, and he sold you a "built" transission with this issue, you'd have a right to seek compensation.

Steven is not a business, just a regular Joe that got caught in a tight financial spot and had to sell some parts off his car to make ends meet.

What's it going to take to make things right in your eyes?

biglady112

For those that are inquiring, here is the ad pasted from another forum. I just copied everywhere I visit. I delete the ads as I can and am allowed by the boards. But here is the actual listing.

I just spent $800 dollars two weeks ago on this thing in parts.

1991 GVR4 built by me tranny-$500 zero miles
This thing is what would be considered an econo rebuild. Rebuilt to factory specs with factory parts.
All new bearings and races
Bearing preloads set in the middle of factory specs
New keys
Springs
1/2 hub and slider(with syncros)
3/4/5/R syncros
All new forks
New roll pins
New shims
Reverse idler
Seals

Pictures of the build and receipts can be seen here.

click

Steven Johnson
720-299-7057
[email protected]

paypal address

[email protected]

toybreaker

iconoclast
Good deal!

If that meets with the original posters approval, we'll call this one "resolved" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned