The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

darksideauto/ David Woodford

89Mirageman

I really hate to do this but I am left with no choice. I paid $42 shipped for a black top CAS back on 4/24. I was told on 4/26 it was packed and ready to go and waiting on the mail lady to pick it up from the shop, cool. Well a week or so goes by and still nothing. So I send him a PM. He is still on vacation so it takes several days to reply. He finally replies with, the mail lady never picked it up. WTF, no I'm sorry, I'll get it out asap, I'll give you a refund or anything. So a few more days go by and by this time I'm fed up with the whole situation and just want my money back so that I can find a CAS somewhere else. He stops responding to my PM's and I am finally able to get him to answer an email this past weekend on 5/16. He basically says he no longer works at the shop and no longer has my money so I'm screwed. I told him that I opened a claim through Paypal and he tells me to continue with the claim and I SHOULD get my money back.

I also asked if he has anymore parts of the same value laying around that he could send so at least I would get something and he hasn't responded to that email or the last two PM's that I sent. Believe me, I do feel sorry for him for losing his job on such short notice but in my opinion it's no excuse for the poor communication and no excuse to keep my money. If by some miracle I get a refund through Paypal or he offers to send something else of equal value I will gladly update this thread, however I don't really see that happening.

89Mirageman

This guy is a real piece of work and I truly feel sorry for him. He acts as if he has done nothing wrong and that the entire world owes him a living since he lost his job. We all have personal problems man so get over it. Well he decided to grace me with a reply when I asked him if he could still ship the CAS or any other parts of equal value and these are his responses:

I told you what you need to do. I'm not trying to screw you. I'm just completely f***ing broke. Stop trying to contact me over your f***ing $40 dollars. Do the claim and leave me alone now. I have more important things to do like figuring out where I'm gonna live and work.

Seriously dude. I've got nothing left and your telling me your $40 bucks is something I should be concerned about. Like i said your the first and only person I have had a problem with. I can't help you. Stop contacting me.

Barnes

Was this a personal sale from himself to you? Or was he selling this on behalf of the shop he used to work for?

89Mirageman

Its my understanding that he was selling his own personal items on here and he just kept them at the shop that he worked at but I'm not positive. He has a ton of FS threads on here from the beginning of April if you search his username under "Parts for Sale". He also had an engine for 3k and a tranny for $2750 so I hope to God that nobody fell for that.

Its also crossed my mind that maybe he was selling parts from the shop that didn't belong to him. He posted the stuff up like he owned or was part owner of the shop but now I see that was not the case because the shop closed down while he was on vacation and he knew nothing about it until he returned and the doors were locked and he couldn't get it touch with the boss.

your the only guy i have had a problem with. the only reason we had a problem is a matter of circumstances. the parts are at the shop that isnt open. im broke and have no money to refund you. i have nothing to sell you. and if i did i dont have money to ship it. i have nothing to help you. i don't know what else to tell you. i can barely help myself right now. if i come across a way to accomodate you i will surely do it but i dont forsee it happening within the next few weeks as i am very broke and getting behind on bills very fast. i have never had a problem like this before. as you can see i pulled everything from the for sale section so that no one else would have the same issues.

steve

Well I can tell you for sure that the last part is a lie, because *I* pulled all your posts from the FS section. So, we've established you have no problem lying outright about one thing, why should anyone believe the rest of your post?

89Mirageman

Its funny you say the shop is closed because I spoke to someone at RevHard on 5/19 who says that you were fired for being unreliable. He said he would go and pick you up for work and you would stand around and do nothing and then call a ride to take you home only hours later. He assured me the shop was still up and running and they haven't heard from you since they fired you. He also assured me that a CAS was never packed up like you promised.

He said it was BS that you had nowhere to live as well, said that you lived with friends and that you were not homeless and you should have money because you have been selling parts from their shop left and right. I don't understand how one is completely broke/homeless just after coming back from vacation. Sounds to me like you couldn't afford a trip to Florida in the first place. Why someone would spend every penny to their name to make a trip is beyond me, ever heard of staying home? It still sickens me that someone could take your money, use it to benefit themselves and then try to whine and moan wanting someone to feel sorry for them afterwards. You brought all of this on yourself, if you need someone to blame go find a mirror.

Thankfully the guy that I talked to said that he would look around the shop and if he could find the CAS he would ship it to me. I will update this thread if that happens but I'm not dropping the complaint on you through Paypal, if I ever get a dime back I will send it straight to RevHard. Mods/Admins if you want the name and number of the guy I spoke to I will be more than happy to give it to you so that you can verify everything I just typed.

David, like I told you in my last email when you demanded that I stop contacting you. If you can live with it, I can live without it. Karma is a bitch and so are you.

89Mirageman

Well I received a refund of $42 back on 5/26 which was the last day of the paypal dispute. David also sent me a PM stating that he had the CAS and that he would still ship it to me as soon as he could get to the Post Office (no license). If that happens I will update this thread.

I honestly hate that it had to come to this but it did. However he did refund me my money so I am thankful for that.

trunks

The engine I bought from darksideracing that he said has seven miles on it has rings that aren't seating. Compression at 100 or so across the board. I took it in to a shop and they did a leak down test and said it was way over 30 with it going past the rings.

I haven't tried to contact him but I did pm him about oil pouring out of the block somewhere (thought it was the rear main and spent a weekend pulling the tranny and putting a new one in) and haven't heard back. He hasn't logged on for a month and I see he's broke so I figure I'm SOL.

I still have the cas. Looking back its sad that so much trouble was caused by a $40 item. The shop I was selling items for changed ownership three times after I left. And the counter guy who said I was worthless and fired was fired forbeing worthless. I have since not sold a single item over the internet and I conduct all my local repair and rebuild operations at a personally owned location with no problems with customer service since.

89Mirageman

It's all water under the bridge in my opinion. I got my money back and another member on here pm'ed me after reading this and sold me his spare CAS. I will say that it was more about the principle than anything else. You stole my money and told me to stop contacting you because you were broke, I reacted like anyone else would have. To me it doesn't matter if the item was $4 or $4,000, if you don't have the item in your hands then don't list it for sale. It's just that simple.

I am glad to hear things turned around for you though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned