The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

359/2000's new heart

biglady112

They are both -12 fittings. I had a friend help me with them both.

The belt will be fine. I have been running this exact same setup(same size belt) on my colt for two years now. Maybe more. And that car sees nearly 9000rpm each time it runs. The belt has to be walked on and is pretty tight. But not too tight it stresses the water pump. Pretty simple setup really.

I ditched power steering in order to make it look clean, less parts to fail and for more freedom with my turbo setup.

mitsuturbo

Is there enough room to run the alternator off the outer ribs on the crank pulley?
I'm afraid the alternator is going to want to hit the frame if it's that far forward.

Last edited:

biglady112

There is. I think most relocations kits run on the outer ribs of the pulley. If they don't I am pretty sure there is room without a doubt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned