The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best suspension info

so i want my ride to be tire flush size with 15" rim with 55 series tires and i need to know best combo to keep a smooth riding gvr4 comfy but yet mean is what i want to go for.

raptorWagon

The "best" suspension setup is going to cost you $$$$, which I believe one of these good setups is the Hotbits Coilovers, but everyone has their own personal preference, for a good and cheap way you can do the Evo 8 suspension swap with a little modification or just pick up this already modified set from this guy
Evo 8 Suspension w/Esplier Springs & Spacers

curtis

^ listen to this guy. evo suspension is night and day difference.

I have the evo 8 suspension and my roommates 671 rides smoother and its stock don't mind the money to spend to get it to look good and ride like it was orginal if that makes sense

evo8ya

I just installed a set of Ksport Kontrol Pro's and they ride smother than the evo setup that I had. Still playing with the dampening settings. For the price you can't beat it. Some people put down the ksports but I really don't see why. They are made at the same plant as some of the lower level Apexi and Megan coilover setups for the evos. So, if you're looking to get rid of your evo setup this is the way to go. If money isn't a issue, then pick up a set of Hotbits. GL

Last edited:

yea i looked at ksports and it seems like i keep coming back and back to them so ill probably purchase come after winter tax time because 1,350.00 i just dont have laying around lol

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting 651vr4:
so i want my ride to be tire flush size with 15" rim with 55 series tires and i need to know best combo to keep a smooth riding gvr4 comfy but yet mean is what i want to go for.

HUH?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

raptorWagon

Translation: He wants a smooth ride without the monster truck appearance, but still retain a aggressive stance.

turbofonz

Quoting 651vr4:
yea i looked at ksports and it seems like i keep coming back and back to them so ill probably purchase come after winter tax time because 1,350.00 i just dont have laying around lol

Call up JNZ tuning, they usually have great deals on ksports.

I bought a brand new - open box set for my 1g, $730 shipped.

Olson

hotbits nuff said. best bang for the buck. I've had tons of people compliment on how smooth the car is and I've also had a lot of people compliment it on how well it handles on the track.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned