The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo IX spring length question - Info needed.

tsitalon1

Hey guys,

I've had an Evo IX suspension setup on my car for about 2 years now that a buddy fabbed up for me. It looks great but sits low and the ride is a little too firm and bouncy. I have another set of springs, just sitting in a box and I want to fix the ride quality by raising the car a bit. I've read the Evo suspension threads but there is so much in there that it's hard to weed out the proper info.

How much of the stock IX springs are we to cut to achieve a stock ride height or slightly lower?
Is it best to cut from the top or bottom of the spring?

curtis

One coil from the front bottom and none on the rears. If thats what he did already try 3/4 on the front and you'll have to get some type of spacer machined to sit on the rear spring perch and then tack weld it on the perch. Just make sure it has a shouldered lip to keep the spring on.

tsitalon1

Thanks Curtis,

I'll tackle it this weekend.

I am curious about the machined spacer you talk about. I don't remember my buddy mentioning he did anything like that when he originally converted it over to the Evo suspension 2 years ago. I haven't noticed any problems at all except the harsh ride.

Is it common to require the spacer?

KiNgMaRtY

The stock Evo springs actually ride/feel stiffer than most PROGRESSIVE aftermarket springs. I hate mine and am looking to upgrade them on my Evo

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned