The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bazeng Update - VR4 +T51R SPL. - start up and idle video with new cams.

onesickcrx

You sir have one badass car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

curtis

Adel Wiggins FTW. What aircraft is broke on the ground awaiting couplers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

You sir, are a badass. Your doing what I've always wanted to do to my GSX. Props.

bazeng

Update: 10-7-12

I'm getting close to finishing the dump pipe!
I only have a couple of hours a week to work on the VR4 now that I have a newborn and house to work on.
The VR4 moves to the bottom of the list!

Anyway, photos of the dump pipe. All the cutting complete. Just need to tac a few more welds then off the get tigged at the workshop. Everything fabbed at home when the wife and baby are sleeping at night. Used a mix of stainless and mild steel simply because it will be coated and I had the correct bends lying around. 3.5" turbo out to 4" to the cat.
All cut manually by hand saw so the thing has my determination locked into it!

Also managed to open my box of CF parts that I have owned for 3 years. They have been sitting until the day I decide to seriously drive this thing to its full potential.

The new goal - 9's with the new setup.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Just thought you'd like to know that there's a guy that I believe is using your car as his profile pic. That is your car right? click

GSX_TC

I love that car, it's soo fuckin beautiful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gizmovr4

This car is coming together nice... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
Hopefully one more gvr4 in the 9s !!

RedTwo

Can I start contributing towards a rocket engine so this runs 5's, on the proviso that it be hereafter referred to the "RedTwo Memorial VR4 Rocket Car"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mitsuturbo

Why on earth do you need a 3" dump tube? Wouldn't something like this suffice? click
What exactly is a "screamer" and what does it do?

brisvr4

He has a 3.5 inch down pipe as you American folks call it and a 2 inch dump tube (screamer)
Screamer is best described as a wastegate dump pipe that vents to atmosphere.

unistylef

This is my favorite vr4 here. Its taking me forever just to save up cash for a new clutch/flywheel...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned