The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

aws

Diego

Also use the search button, this has been discussed as much as CF group buys.

Brunoboy

I just deleted mine... Aha CF group Buys ahahahahahaha.

Redwood

how hard is it to delete it? and from what i.heard to day.it is only turn lik 10 degrees.

gramkrakr89

If I'm not mistaken, it not at all aimed toward maneuverability at low speed... unlike the old Honda Prelude 4WS system

The Mitsu 4WS is aimed more at high-speed cornering, helping with rear weight transfer for better control, hence only the few degrees in phase with the front wheels... right?

If you're not looking to build a drag-strip queen, I'd keep your 4WS (or fix it if it's broken).. I wish mine still had it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

dammitjim

Quoting redwood:
how hard is it to delete it? and from what i.heard to day.it is only turn lik 10 degrees.

You're more likely to have people take the time to answer your questions if you take the time to use sentences.

BrandonEchols

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/horse.gif

Redwood

yea sorry aboot that my phone likes to put in random letters and not use letters sometimes. and cool hopefully I can try it out sometime soon.if I can find one for myself.

SmoothCustomer

Quoting gramkrakr89:
If I'm not mistaken, it not at all aimed toward maneuverability at low speed... unlike the old Honda Prelude 4WS system

The Mitsu 4WS is aimed more at high-speed cornering, helping with rear weight transfer for better control, hence only the few degrees in phase with the front wheels... right?

If you're not looking to build a drag-strip queen, I'd keep your 4WS (or fix it if it's broken).. I wish mine still had it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It's not really for cornering at all, it's for changing lanes. Delete that crap the "right" way by A: blocking off the lines and B: installing a 4 bolt lsd rear from a dsm.

gramkrakr89

If you're building/swapping your drivetrain for durability under high power, yes delete it...

If you want your car to remain more than just a heavy 4-door DSM, keep it

s_firestone

Or you can keep it just for the fun of being able to say your car has it... It is literally one of the rarest features a car can have.

Don't listen to all the naysayers... They can't help it they don't have the force and can't feel the road ahead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

fuel

yep I'm going to keep mine. The only reason I would delete it is so I could run a plate type rear LSD instead of the viscous 4 bolt I have at the moment. But even then I would try figure out how to run the diff driven power steering pump by an electric motor or something.

yeti

i definitely am keeping mine it keeps the car glued to the floor unlike any of my other cars, i could tell however its more parts to break at bigger power

Brunoboy

If you guys like entering corners and having unpredictable handling then go for it. There's a reason I didn't fix mine with a$.25 o-ring.

dlesser

According to Mitsubishi literature the 4WS significantly reduces the pull on a car from cross winds....

I find the 4WS predictable, just a sloppy feel with my G2's installed at stock height. I just flick the car into the turn and wait to feel the rear end plant. In my opinion the 4WS causes the rear to track at a slightly different angle which doesn't "feel" normal.

mountaineerjeff

I am kinda kicking this around now....Im thinking about how it will work as a 'passive' setup. my front pump is already deleted. and I installed a dsm rack. Im thinking of either a completely active toe setup, or possibly having front manual steer while the rear remains active?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned