The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

can i use an eclipse/talon tranny without getting rid of my aws?

can i use a talon or eclipse awd transmission without having to get rid of my aws rear diff or do i need the diff from what ever transmission i get? some people told me the ratios are diffrent then the galant's or can i just slap in a gsx tranny without diff issues?

Wizardawd

VR4 shares the same rear end ratio as any T/E/L AWD with a 5-spd trans. Galant GSX is different though and would need the rear end changed.

Wiz

belize1334

Be aware that the 2G transmissions take a little work and that the later 2G (97+) require a different transfer case.

would a 93 gsx tranny work? its been a while and cant remember what years would work lol

steve

Galant GSX or Eclipse GSX?

IncorpoRatedX

they made a 93 galant gsx???

93 eclipse GSX will work.

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

i got a 90 tsi tranny but the shifter levers are different does anyone know what i gotta do to install it in my galant, the tranny is in but cant install the cables lol

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting juanton92gvr4:
i got a 90 tsi tranny but the shifter levers are different does anyone know what i gotta do to install it in my galant, the tranny is in but cant install the cables lol

I think you just need the cable mount plate but you may require the cables as well. Just trying to remember based on what I've read though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned